Grab a spoon and dig into this insanely good One Pot White Chicken Lasagna Soup! It’s a satisfying one pot comfort food recipe your family will love. It’s so simple, yet so delicious!
ONE POT WHITE CHICKEN LASAGNA SOUP
Love it? Pin it to your DINNER board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Hello! This is Erin from Suburban Simplicity with my first recipe for Real Housemoms!
This time of year calls for soup! It’s like wrapping yourself in a warm blanket of delicious home cooking. This One Pot White Chicken Lasagna Soup is the perfect comfort food to feed your family on weeknights or any night. It’s like the creamy white Italian pasta in soup form. Yum!
My love of soup developed later in life, so I’m glad my kids didn’t take that long to love its warm and satisfying goodness. Soup is so versatile too. It freezes well so it’s easy to take out and warm up for a quick meal. I like to pack this soup with fresh veggies making it a complete meal in a bowl that doesn’t disappoint.
The kids don’t mind the peppers, onions, zucchini and spinach because they’re surrounded by thick and creamy broth and noodles. A kid’s dream. When we’re craving soup, another family favorite is this flavorful Chicken Enchilada Verde Soup.
To make this one pot meal, I like to start with a store bought roasted chicken, making prep easier, but you can certainly cook your chicken at home before adding it to the recipe. Some other tips, don’t worry about breaking the noodles evenly before putting them in the pot. No one will know the difference once it’s cooked! Also, I use whole wheat noodles for a little nutrition boost, but you can certainly use regular if that’s what your family prefers.
Since this soup recipe is a one pot wonder, clean up is also a breeze! A bonus for us busy moms!
Depending on the size of your family, this White Chicken Lasagna Soup recipe is large enough to eat one night and then freeze the leftovers for another, saving you time in the kitchen. Who isn’t a big fan of that??
Spoiler: This soup is way better than anything you can get out of a can…it warms your soul! Enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 large yellow onion peeled and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 zucchini shredded
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 9 cups low sodium chicken broth divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pound cooked chicken chopped (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 10 lasagna noodles uncooked, broken into 1-2 inch pieces
- 2-3 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup heavy cream optional
- 8 ounces chopped frozen spinach thawed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese grated
- Mozzarella cheese shredded, for garnish
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook carrots, onions, and peppers for about 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add zucchini and garlic and cook for an additional minute. Stir in flour and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly creating a thick mixture.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and gradually add 8 cups of chicken broth, stirring constantly.
- Whisk together cornstarch with 1 cup of chicken broth and stir into soup. Add cooked chicken, chicken bouillon, bay leaves, parsley, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to the pot. Stir in broken lasagna noodles.
- Bring pot back to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20-30 minutes, or until the lasagna noodles are cooked through. Stir occasionally so noodles don't stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Turn heat down to low and discard bay leaves. Pour in half and half, heavy cream (if using), and spinach. Simmer until warmed. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Check seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed. Serve warm garnished with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Another Family Favorite Pasta