Winter Spinach Salad is a stunning salad recipe that is perfect for the holidays! Full of nutritious ingredients and amazing flavors, it will work as a side or a lighter main course!
This Winter Spinach Salad was inspired by my love for just throwing together seasonal ingredients on a bed of greens and making a delicious salad that the entire family will devour. It was really all that easy. I, of course, amped it up a bit a by adding cinnamon sugar pumpkin seeds which I highly suggest making or you really could just add roasted pumpkin seeds from the store but anything with a spoonful of sugar helps everything go down.
WINTER SPINACH SALAD
Like this recipe? Pin it to your SIDE DISH pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Since the holidays are here and in full swing I decided to add a few of my favorites some baby spinach to make a mouthwatering dish that would be great a light weekday meal or to serve at a party or small gathering. The Roasted Acorn Squash and the Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Seeds are hands down the stars of this salad.
I made a Pumpkin Spice Vinaigrette to drizzle lightly over the salad but I would traditionally just leave this on the side and allow others to add their own dressing. I love dressing so literally I would drench my salad with this amazing vinaigrette. My kids prefer ranch on all and anything vegetable or salad related therefore they went that route but the Pumpkin Spice Vinaigrette is so easy to make, so take the extra few minutes, it will tie the salad together.
This Winter Spinach Salad reminds us that not everything on the holiday spread needs to be filled with sugar; you can have gorgeous meals that add to the spirit of the holidays without an overload of sweetness. Making simple salads like this will dress up your table and make it more sophisticated for the adults that would love a healthier option. If it were up to me I would pretty much just eat this salad, a side of the acorn squash (this recipe is oh, so good) and then a nice fluffy dinner roll.
Cheers to the holidays friends. A time where we get together with those we love most, eat amazing food and create last memories.
Want more salad recipes?
- Balsamic Pumpkin & Chicken Salad
- Harvest Salad with Butternut Squash
- Apple Pecan Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Italian Chop Salad
- Spinach Salad with Warm Maple Bacon Dressing
- More side dish recipes…
Tools used to make this Winter Spinach Salad recipe
Mason Jar: Mason jars are great for storing everything from salad dressing and coffee creamers to overnight oats and all kinds of delicious make ahead dishes!
Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
Salad Bowl: This wooden salad bowl is a gorgeous addition to any dinner table. I’ve had mine for years and love it!
- 5 ounces baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli heads
- 1 roasted acorn squash
- 1/2 dried cranberries
- 1 cup cinnamon sugar pumpkin seeds
- 1x15 ounce canned pears, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 4 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Prepare Roast Acorn Squash and Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Seeds per recipe links above. Allow squash and pumpkin seeds to cool, then prepare the salad.
- Coarsely chop spinach and place into a salad bowl.
- Finely chop broccoli and slice the pears. Add to the salad bowl along with the cranberries and cooled pumpkin seeds and acorn squash.
- Make vinaigrette by combining all the ingredients in a small mason jar and shake vigorously until well combined.
- Pour over salad and sprinkle a few poppy seeds, if desired.