CREAMY WILD RICE AND CHICKEN SOUP is the ultimate comfort food. It’s chicken soup with cream and rice! You don’t get any better than that!
We have been super busy this summer traveling as much as possible. Grab a glimpse and a slice of Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Cake here<—– After being on the go for soooo long we’re ready to settle into the comfort of fall. The temperatures drop, the comfy sweaters (OK, sweats) come out and we eat lots of comfort food. I love a good hearty soup that will fill me up and I feel like I’ve gotten an entire meal in one bowl. That’s exactly what Creamy Wild Rice and Chicken Soup is! I made this soup up and then got distracted with home stuff so I didn’t eat at the time I had planned (although I did grab a taste or two). It ended up sitting longer than the 25 minutes and the rice became VERY thick. I added more stock but, to be honest, I liked it both ways. I would say that the cooking time after the rice goes in of 25 minutes is more like a minimum. If you like your rice more soft and want to let it cook a little longer feel free. Keep it on a pretty low cooking temperature and keep an eye on it.
Real Housemoms TV
I love using rotisserie chickens in soup. It cuts down on a lot of the cooking time and it’s so tender! It makes it so simple to make a truly amazing homemade soup in no time at all. My husband truly LOVED this soup! It’s definitely going to be made a lot this fall and into the winter! It has everything in it that makes a great comfort food. It’s creamy, has chicken and veg and of course the rice!
Head to the store, grab a chicken and get cooking! 🙂
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/2 large yellow onion chopped
- 3 medium carrots diced
- 8 oz. mushrooms sliced
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 cups chicken cooked and shredded*
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup long grain and wild rice mix
- more salt and pepper to taste
- melt butter in a heavy bottom pot over medium heat
- add onion, carrots and celery and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally
- add in mushrooms and season with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper
- allow to cook until mushrooms are soft
- add in the shredded chicken and chicken stock
- in a small bowl whisk together the flour and heavy cream until smooth
- pour flour/cream mixture into the soup and stir
- add in rice and allow to cook covered for 25 to 30 minutes, until rice is tender
- season with more salt and pepper to taste
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!