Low carb Crock Pot Cheesy Cauliflower Soup is the ultimate comfort food for chilly nights! It’s so delicious and creamy you won’t even miss the carbs!
Low carb and no-carb diets have become very popular lately. (We can all stand to lower our carb intake once in a while!). When cooked correctly, cauliflower is a perfect substitute for carbs in your favorite dishes.
There are so many wonderful ways to utilize cauliflower. In these Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes, as a pizza crust, and my personal favorite… as the base for Cauliflower Soup! Even my kids are asking for cauliflower now! They love this low-carb soup just as much as I do.
CROCK POT CHEESY CAULIFLOWER SOUP
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
One of my New Year’s Resolutions this year was to (attempt to) cut out some carbs from my everyday diet. I know myself too well than to say that I could ever even attempt to cut out all carbs.
No pasta, bread, or potatoes? I just couldn’t do it. And I am AMAZED by those of you who have the strength to do this! But, cutting out some carbs every day is totally do-able for me.
Swap out a lettuce wrap for my hamburger bun? Sure, I can do that.
Spiralize some zucchini to make zoodles in tomato sauce? Yum.
And my favorite way to eliminate some carbs – substitute cauliflower! Just like I did in this delicious Crock Pot Cheesy Cauliflower Soup!
This low carb cheese soup is like an amazing combination of broccoli cheddar soup and baked potato soup. (Two of my absolute favorites – so warm, creamy, and comforting!) Not only is this recipe a Keto soup, but it is SO easy to make.
It only takes 10 minutes to prep your ingredients in the morning. Then 6 to 8 hours to let them do their thing in a slow cooker while you talk on the day! You can absolutely whip yourself up a batch of Cauliflower Cheese Soup!
Crockpot cauliflower soup pairs perfectly with a fresh green salad with balsamic vinaigrette for a complete, low-carb, and SUPER delicious meal. I always end up taking leftovers for lunch the next day. I can’t get enough of this yummy soup (and it helps me to stay on track with my carb-cutting)!
Ingredients for Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Chicken broth
- A head of cauliflower or cauliflower florets
- Garlic cloves
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Heavy cream
- Salt & black pepper
- Green onions or chives
One thing I love about this cauliflower soup recipe is how simple the ingredient list is. Most times I’m craving this dish (and believe me, it’s often because it’s SO delicious), I already have most of the ingredients on hand. A quick trip to the grocery store for some fresh cauliflower and leeks and we’re good to go!
How to Cook Cauliflower Soup
This is a great recipe. Truly a one-pot set it and forget it kinda meal. All you need to do is chop up your head of cauliflower, dump your ingredients into the slow cooker and let them do their thing!
Once cooked, you have two options of how to get the smooth, creamy texture you’re looking for. First, you can put all the cooked ingredients into a blender. OR, you can take the easy route (like I do) and use an immersion blender directly in your slow cooker. It saves you the time of having to clean the blender!
- As you’re enjoying your morning cup of coffee add the chicken broth, chopped cauliflower, leeks, garlic, and pepper into your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add everything from the slow cooker into a blender (or use an immersion blender), cover, and pulse until smooth. Add the soup back into the slow cooker. Now add the shredded cheese and heavy cream, stir. Finally, add salt and pepper to taste (I usually add about 1/4 teaspoon).
- Serve topped with crumbled bacon, cheese, and chives.
How many carbs are in cauliflower?
There is a reason that people who are on the Keto diet use cauliflower in so many different recipes. It is a great replacement for rice, pasta, and many other recipe bases but with far fewer carbs!
An average-sized head of cauliflower has around 30 grams of carbohydrates. So, split between the 6 servings this recipe makes, the cauliflower makes up only about 5 grams of carbs per serving. Most other creamy soups (like baked potato soup and broccoli cheddar soup) have between 15 and 30 grams of carbs per serving!
Using cauliflower makes it so easy to lower your carb intake while still enjoying delicious food!
Need some more comfort food inspiration? Try these other Real Housemoms favorites!
- Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Meatball Soup
- Easy 3 Bean Turkey Chili
- Super Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- more DINNER recipes…
Tools used to make this Slow Cooker Cauliflower Cheese Soup recipe
Slow Cooker: I love this crock pot! The lid is very secure and I can pack it up and take it on the go if I’m heading to a potluck. This slow cooker is a workhorse in my kitchen and has worked great for years!
Soup Ladle: Every soup lover needs a ladle to portion out big warm bowls of their favorite soups!
Immersion Blender: This is not just another useless kitchen gadget… I use it for soups, smoothies, and so much more!
*This post originally posted on 01/05/2016.
- Cooked and crumbed bacon
- Green onion or chives chopped
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Add chicken broth, cauliflower, leeks, garlic, and pepper to a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Add everything from the slow cooker into a blender, cover, and pulse until smooth. (or use an immersion blender right in the crock pot.) Add the blended soup base back to the slow cooker.
- Add in shredded cheese and heavy cream. Stir until the cheese is melted into the soup. Check the seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper to taste. (I usually add about a 1/4 teaspoon and a pinch of pepper.)
- Portion soup into bowls and serve topped with bacon, cheese, and chives, if desired.