Who’s getting excited for the Super Bowl? We are a big football family! None of our teams made it this year but we are very excited. I love the coaches in this game. If you’re not familiar they are brothers and learned coaching from their dad. They are very intelligent, talented and seem to be really down to earth. The Super Bowl is such a great time to have people over. Even if you aren’t a fan of the game there are always the commercials, right? After the game and tied with the commercials comes the food. When we have people over to the house for the big game I love making it an appetizer potluck. It’s so much to try everyone’s favorites.
This quesadilla was inspired by my favorite BBQ chicken pizza from a small place back home in California and my must have barbecue sauce from another favorite back home, Wood Ranch. I love this sauce so much I have a friend that brings it out to me every time she visits and when she recently got married she was so excited to tell me that AND that Wood Ranch is going to cater! I haven’t figured out yet how to copy cat the sauce so you can just use your favorite barbecue sauce. Below I’ll give you some measurements but really they’re quesadillas so there is not exact science behind them. You can use as much or as little as you like of the ingredients like you would with a pizza.
Real Housemoms TV
- 8 soft taco flour tortillas (8-inch tortillas)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1 cup red onion peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Place a large skillet over medium heat.
- Lay down one tortilla in the skillet and sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Top the mozzarella with a layer of 1/2 cup chicken, 1/4 cup red onion, and 2 tablespoons cilantro. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheddar cheese on the chicken and drizzle with 1/4 cup BBQ sauce.
- Lay a second tortilla on top and press down.
- Allow the bottom tortilla to brown and then flip the quesadilla over to cook the other side.
- Once the cheese is melted and tortillas are toasty, remove from skillet to a cutting board.
- Cut quesadilla into 4 pieces. Repeat with remaining tortillas and ingredients.
- Serve warm with more BBQ sauce for dipping. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!