Make this CINNAMON SUGAR SWEET CHEX MIX recipe for a new twist on the original version. All of the great Chex Mix crunch with a cinnamon-sugar coating!
One of my favorite holiday traditions is Chex Mix. My mom would always make giant batches to feed family and friends. As a kid, I would eat more than my fair share . . . much more!
It also works as a great homemade gift. Just get a metal holiday tin and fill it with a unique snack mix. This Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix is a nice change form the traditional snack mix recipe. And it is just as easy to make!
Just toss, bake, sprinkle, and eat!
Set out a giant bowl of this mix for guests while you prepare your holiday feast. No more impatient, hungry people asking if dinner is ready.
Just expect that the kiddos will eat about a pound each!
- 3 Cups Corn Chex
- 1 Cup Cheerios
- 2 Cups Wheat Chex
- 2 Cups Pretzel Sticks
- 2 Cups Mini Saltine Crackers
- 2 Cups Cashews or preferred nut
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter - melted
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 275°F
- Combine Chex cereals, Cheerios, pretzels, crackers and nuts in a large bowl.
- In measuring cup; combine melted butter, salt and honey. Pour mixture over snack mix. Hand toss to evenly coat.
- Transfer snack mix to 2 foil lined large baking sheets that have been sprayed with nonstick. Spread out in an even layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes (stir twice during this time).
- Mix sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over snack mix and toss to coat.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before storing in an airtight container.
More To Feed A Crowd. . .