Have some Fall fun with these cute edible SCARECROW & CROW TREATS!
Scarecrows are perfect in the fall months. I love to use them in fall decorating! But, I also REALLY love making fun foods. So why not make some cute edible scarecrow treats?!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Aren’t these SO fun?! These would be adorable as part of a fall party! The scarecrows are great, but I happen to love the addition of the crows!! So simple to do and so cute! My boys thought this was hilarious! This is definitely a fun one to make with or for the kids!
These really aren’t difficult to make at all! Here’s the directions:
- 1 Pan of Rice Krispies Treats homemade or store bought
- 1/2 cup white not bright white chocolate melting chips
- Wilton Candy eyes – large
- Orange M&M’s or Reeses’s Pieces candies or even candy corn
- Orange pull and peel Twizzler strands cut in half
- Chocolate Chex cereal or similar
- Black icing gel
- Using a circle cookie cutter, cut out the scarecrow face from rice krispies treats.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the melting chips according to package directions.
- Spread a layer of the melted white chocolate on top of the cut circle for the head. Set aside the remaining melted chocolate for later use.
- Press the 2 candy eyes and orange M&M for the nose into the melted chocolate on the face.
- Firmly press 2 licorice strands into scarecrow face on each side (for the hair).
- Before the chocolate sets, lay the squares of cereal across the top of the scarecrow head in 2 layers. I used 4 on the bottom and 2 on top to resemble a hat. You may have to add some additional melted chocolate onto the back of each cereal square that goes on top of the hair.
- Pipe a big smile with the black Wilton icing gel.
Of course, you could certainly make it even more fun for the kids and let them create their own scarecrow face! That might even be a fun way to use up some Halloween candy!
The Oreo crows are so cute too though and add to the whole theme! They are REALLY easy to make! Here are those directions:
- Oreo cookies
- black licorice
- Wilton candy eyes – small size
- 1 large orange Air Heads candy piece orange Tootsie roll pieces or candy corns might work as well
- Cut out crow “beaks” with a kitchen scissors from a large orange candy strip.
- Cut 1 1/2 inch strips of black licorice (3 pieces for each crow).
- Re-heat the bowl of leftover chocolate from the scarecrow recipe in the microwave at 10 second intervals until melted again.
- Using a toothpick, apply the melted chocolate onto the back of two candy eyes and firmly press onto the front of each Oreo cookie.
- Spread melted chocolate onto the back of each “beak” and firmly press onto each cookie.
- Take 3 strands of the cut licorice and gently insert into the middle icing part at the top of each cookie.
That’s it! Super easy!!!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!