Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream Dessert is the perfect summer treat! Arizona is going to be reaching 105 this weekend and will most likely continue to get hotter and hotter as the days go by. Our pool is in the middle of a remodel and we can’t wait for it to be done, so we can jump in the water and swim every day. Until then, we will find other ways to cool off, including this tasty and refreshing dessert. Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream Dessert is easy to make and if you make it in the morning and freeze it for a couple hours, it will be ready to enjoy in the afternoon, after playing or relaxing in the warm weather. I have made this several times for summer parties and it is always a big hit, with kids and adults! I use low fat graham crackers and ice cream to make it a little better for bathing suit season! This time, I cut the recipe in half since it was for a smaller crowd. I found the recipe at Taste of Home. Have a wonderful weekend, enjoy the beautiful weather, and dig in to some Orange Creamsicle Ice Cream Dessert! The adults can also enjoy a Peaches & Cream cocktail that tastes similar to an orange creamsicle!
- 4 cups low fat honey graham cracker crumbs or to save time, you can buy the pre made graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter melted
- 3-1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream softened (I use Dreyer's Slow Churned Classic Vanilla-it has 1/2 the fat and 1/3 fewer calories than regular ice cream)
- 2 cans 12 ounces each frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar, and stir in butter
- Set aside 2 cups for topping
- Press remaining crumb mixture into two greased 9x13 pans
- Cover and freeze for at least 10 minutes
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream and orange juice concentrate until smooth
- Spoon over crusts
- Freeze for 10 minutes or until partially firm
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture and gently press down
- Cover and freeze
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Real Housemoms TV
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!