Easy chocolate icebox cake made with chocolate mousse, chocolate graham crackers, and chocolate ganache, is going to be your new favorite summer treat!
This post is sponsored by Monk Fruit In The Raw. All opinions are 100% my own.
When it comes to summer I’m all about recipes that don’t involve heating up the oven and making the whole house hotter than it needs to be. That’s why during those hottest months of the year, I always have a good icebox cake recipe on hand. I’m in love with how simple it is to make, and there is no oven necessary!
An icebox cake recipe is perfect for any occasion. No matter if you’re having a relaxed girls night, spending quality time with family, or need a crowd-pleasing dessert to bring to your Labor Day party, this chocolate icebox cake will have you covered.
Real Housemoms TV
CHOCOLATE ICEBOX CAKE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Between the soft chocolate graham crackers, chocolate mousse filling, and chocolate ganache topping, this is truly a chocolate lovers dream dessert, but the cherry on top of the cake is that this icebox cake is sweetened with Monk Fruit In The Raw®, a zero-calorie sweetener, making it better for you without sacrificing any of the indulgent flavors. There will be no resisting that second piece that’s inevitably calling your name.
What Is An Icebox Cake?
An icebox cake is the perfect no-bake summer baking hack you’ll always want to have in your back pocket. It’s a dessert that goes through its “baking” process in the fridge or freezer, instead of the oven.
You simply layer all of your ingredients together and wait as they combine overnight and leave you with the most perfect cake when you wake up the next morning.
The once separate ingredients you placed on top of one another will have merged and you will love the flavors that come of out of their combination.
How To Make A Chocolate Icebox Cake
While this chocolate icebox cake does has a few different components to prep, it is still the easiest option when it comes to making a cake that tastes this good! I mean how often do you find a drool-worthy layered chocolate cake with chocolate ganache that never even saw the inside of an oven? Just look at how simple it is to prep.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, Monk Fruit In The Raw, and cocoa powder with an electric mixer (or stand mixer) until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Then, add in the heavy cream and mix on high speed until stiff peaks form. When you take out the beaters the points of the mousse won’t curl over, they’ll stand straight up.
- Place chocolate graham crackers in a single layer in the bottom of an 8-inch x 8-inch baking dish. You may need to break the graham crackers into smaller pieces to fill in the entire bottom of the pan. Add a layer of mousse filling on top of the graham crackers and spread into an even layer. Repeat 2 more times so there are 3 graham cracker layers and 3 mousse layers.
- Once you’ve layered everything in the dish, pour heavy cream into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat the heavy cream in the microwave until hot but not boiling, about 1 minute.
- Add chocolate chips to the hot cream and stir until smooth. Pour the ganache over the icebox cake and spread into an even layer with a spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve, remove the plastic wrap. You can top your icebox cake with chocolate sauce and mini chocolate chips if you want. We usually do!
What is Monk Fruit In The Raw?
Monk Fruit In The Raw® is a zero-calorie sweetener made from vine-ripened monk fruit, native to Southeast Asia. It adds a deliciously light sweetness to any baked good or beverage and is available in packets and a bakers bag that measures cup-for-cup like sugar.
What Are The Benefits of Using Monk Fruit In The Raw Instead of Sugar?
I love this zero-calorie sweetener when I want to be a little extra cautious about my sugar intake with a recipe like this chocolate icebox cake.
It’s easy for a recipe like this to become very overindulgent, so with the help of Monk Fruit In The Raw® I can save some calories, without giving up any of the sweetness that makes this cake great.
It’s also the perfect substitute for anyone at risk for diabetes that needs a good sugar substitute to incorporate into more than just the desserts in their life.
It features some great benefits as a sugar substitute with it being certified vegan, naturally gluten-free, and kosher certified, so no matter your diet, Monk Fruit In The Raw is a good option for almost anyone who’s looking to cut some added sugars from their diet.
Where Do I Find Monk Fruit In The Raw?
Monk Fruit In The Raw is available nationwide and can be found at a variety of different grocery stores. You might not be able to find it at your local mom and pop grocery store, but you will spot it at most larger grocery chains, especially those that focus on the health food market, such as Whole Foods or online at Amazon.com.
To see where you can find this product near you, click here for the store locator, and be sure to choose Monk Fruit In The Raw.
Craving more icebox cakes already? Give some of these recipes a try next!
- Pistachio Icebox Cake
- Lemon Blueberry Icebox Cake
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Icebox Cake
- Oreo Cheesecake Icebox Cake
- More Dessert recipes…
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Monk Fruit In The Raw Bakers Bag
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream divided
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 15 chocolate graham crackers
- Chocolate sauce
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Chocolate Mousse Filling
- In a mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, Monk Fruit In The Raw, and cocoa powder with a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Add 2 cups heavy cream and mix with on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes.
- Lay four 1/2 chocolate graham crackers in a single layer in the bottom of an 8-inch x 8-inch pan. Layer ⅓ of the mousse filling on top, spreading evenly over crackers. Repeat 2 more times.
- Heat ½ cup of heavy cream in the microwave until hot but not boiling, about 1 minute and 30 seconds. Stir in chocolate chips until smooth. Pour over cake, spreading evenly with a spatula.
- Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Top with chocolate sauce and mini chocolate chips if desired. Cut into 12 slices. Serve immediately.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!