Get ready to sink your teeth into this decadent Eclair Icebox Cake. Layered with white chocolate pudding, graham crackers, and topped with rich milk chocolate, this easy dessert recipe is truly love at first bite!
When in doubt, if you are ever looking for a super simple, and completely delicious no-bake dessert, Peanut Butter Pie and this Eclair Icebox Cake will never steer you wrong. Layered with graham crackers and pudding with no need to bake, this cake is slightly different than the traditional cake, but every ounce as decadent and amazing to eat. The topping options are endless and can be customized to your preference, but the white chocolate sauce, chocolate ice cream, and white chocolate chips compliment every layer of this Eclair Icebox Cake.
ECLAIR ICEBOX CAKE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
How do you make an Icebox Cake?
- Using an 8-inch x 8-inch baking pan, take graham crackers and split in half. Line 9 of the halves along the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl combine white chocolate pudding mix with 1-1/2 cups of whole milk and mix until firm. Place in the refrigerator for 2 minutes then mix in the cool whip. Layer half of the pudding mixture over the graham crackers.
- Layer 9 more graham crackers on top of the pudding, and top them with the remaining pudding mixture.
- Top that pudding layer with the last 9 graham crackers. In a microwave safe bowl add the chocolate chips and butter. Microwave for 1-1/2 minutes. Stir until combined and melted. Add the milk and powdered sugar and mix until combined. Pour over top layer of graham crackers and put in the freezer for 3 hours.
- 10 minutes before serving remove from the refrigerator and then slice and top with ice cream, white chocolate sauce, and white chocolate chips.
How long will an Icebox Cake keep?
- Icebox cakes don’t last as long as traditional cake or ice cream cakes. After you cut into them they can last up to three days.
- They are best eaten within one to two days of making them simply because the graham crackers will get too mushy after that.
You can cut this Eclair Icebox Cake into large pieces or more brownie size pieces, but no matter how you slice it you will always get a bite of all the layers this cake is comprised of. As you slide your fork through the dark chocolate top layer all the way through the graham crackers and pudding you will capture every bit of sweet goodness this Eclair Icebox Cake has to offer.
Want more icebox cake recipes?
- Oreo Cheesecake Icebox Cake
- Pistachio Icebox Cake
- Lemon Blueberry Icebox Cake
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Icebox Cake
- Mango Coconut Ginger Icebox Cake
- More dessert recipes…
Tools used to make this Eclair Icebox Cake recipe
Baking Dish: A square baking pan is a must-have for home cooks. This one has nice sharp edges to make sure your dish fits just right.
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls get used just about every day at my house. The grip handle makes them easy to hold and the pour spout makes them perfect for batters!
Whisk: This is my favorite set of whisks. There’s a size for every job and the thicker handles give me a good grip.
Rubber Spatula: Rubber spatulas are one of those kitchen tools you don’t realize how much you use until they’re all dirty. This set of three spatulas in various sizes and shapes will make cooking everything from dinner to dessert a breeze.
- white chocolate sauce
- chocolate ice cream
- white chocolate chips
- In an 8x8 inch baking pan add graham crackers by splitting them in half and placing 9 in the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl add pudding mix and 1-1/2 cups whole milk. Whisk together until pudding begins to thicken, then place in the refrigerator for 2 minutes for the pudding to set up.
- Mix in the cool whip and layer half the pudding mixture on top of the graham crackers. Repeat layers again with 9 graham crackers and the rest of the pudding mixture. Top off with the last 9 graham crackers.
- In a microwave safe bowl add chocolate chips and butter. Place in the microwave for 1.5 minutes then stir until chocolate has melted. Add in 1/2 cup of milk and the powdered sugar. Spread chocolate over the graham crackers and place in the freezer for 3 hours.
- 10 minutes before serving remove from freezer to make it easy to cut. Top with white chocolate sauce, chocolate ice cream, and white chocolate chips.