Skinny Caramel Toffee Ice Cream Cake with Oatmeal Cookie Dough Crust is a delicious, no bake ice cream cake that is a fabulous dessert for summer!
Hi there! I am Megan from The Housewife in Training Files and I am thrilled to be contributing here on Real Housemom’s! In my world, tapas are my fav and I could eat breakfast all day and ice cream has its own food group. I follow healthier dishes that are full of flavor yet satisfy the cravings your tastebuds are calling for!
Real Housemoms TV
Which brings me to this Skinny Caramel Toffee Ice Cream Cake with Oatmeal Cookie Dough Crust! A summertime classic dessert. There are very few times that I would turn down ice cream and gladly accept it in nearly any form. Such as cake. The perfect birthday dessert. The perfect get together dessert. The perfect BBQ, no cook, no stress dessert!
I love experimenting with different flavor combinations. My last cake with my go to peanut butter ice cream cake with a cookie dough crust was a hit out of the ball park with my family and this caramel toffee cake is no different! The crust is a cinnamon oatmeal cookie dough crust with a bit of dates and applesauce to hold it together. No need for sugar and butter, nor the oven. This crust is no bake! Then the ice cream mixer is airy as can be thanks to the whipped topping. Caramel swirled ice cream with a bit of buttery toffee chips folded in is then layered on top.
As the temperatures rise, I know what dessert I will be whipping up all summer long! Enjoy friends!
- 2 ¼ cup gluten free oats
- 1 ½ cups pitted medjool dates 225 grams
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Ice Cream Cake:
- 2 cups light caramel swirled ice cream slightly thawed
- 8 ounce container thawed light whipped topping, such as TruWhip or Cool Whip
- ½ cup toffee pieces divided
- Caramel Sauce if desired
- In a spring-form pan, line it with plastic wrap. Sticky side attached to pan. This will make getting the cake out when it’s frozen much easier. (I speak from experience.) Set aside.
- In a high powered blender, add the dates, oatmeal, applesauce, vanilla and cinnamon. Process until the dates start to break down and the mixture starts to come together, like a stiff dough.
- Add the dough to the lined spring form pan. Press to cover the bottom in an even layer. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, fold together the slightly thawed ice cream, whipped topping and half of the toffee pieces.
- Pour the ice cream mixture over the oatmeal crust. Spread out evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup toffee pieces. Swirl with caramel sauce if desired.
- Place in freezer for 6 hours or overnight to freeze.
- Set out for 5 minutes before serving. Cut into 10 pieces. This cake thaws quickly so enjoy immediately.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!