Stuffed Pepper Soup is so delicious and hearty, with only five ingredients, it makes the perfect family meal on a chilly day!
This post is sponsored by Imagine®. As always, all opinions and text are 100% my own.
It is officially soup season! My family loves when I serve soup for dinner which is great because I love making soup for dinner! This five-ingredient Stuffed Pepper Soup recipe is at the top of my list of easy dinner ideas. You can easily pick up everything you need on your weekly trip to Walmart or for added convenience take advantage of the Walmart grocery pick up service. Order everything you need online, then pop by the store and team members will bring your groceries to you. Once you are home, dinner can be ready in just 30 minutes with this easy stuffed pepper soup recipe! This thick and hearty soup inspired by stuffed green peppers is made with better-for-you Imagine® Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Broth so not only is it flavorful and delicious, but you can feel good about serving it to your family. This broth is my absolute favorite and I love how it enhances the flavor of this recipe!
STUFFED PEPPER SOUP
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Real Housemoms TV
There are plenty of nights when I do not feel like cooking a three-course meal. The sheer thought of a hundred dishes piling up is enough to drain me of all motivation. Just because I do not want to spend an hour prepping, chopping, and cooking a culinary masterpiece does not mean that I am off the hook for providing a quality meal for my family. With help from Imagine® products, I can be Ingredient Proud! All Imagine® products contain non-GMO ingredients with no added MSG. They are made with real, wholesome ingredients such as farm-grown vegetables and organic free-range chicken – with no artificial ingredients or preservatives. The use of Imagine® Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Broth made from fresh organic carrots, celery, tomatoes and onions in this Stuffed Green Pepper Soup recipe helps to elevate this amazing dish to a whole new level of flavor and show what it truly means to be Ingredient Proud. You can find Imagine at your local Walmart store and other retailer locations.
How to Make Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Brown ground beef in a large pot over medium-high heat until to longer pink.
- Add in bell peppers and onion. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add pasta sauce and vegetable broth. Stir everything together. Bring to a bowl, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Uncover and add cooked rice. Stir together. Season to taste. Portion into bowls and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks for Making Stuffed Pepper Soup
This is a semi-homemade style recipe that keeps this dish quick and easy. But there are also options to make this stuffed pepper soup recipe from scratch and mix things up a bit.
- I use jarred pasta sauce for this recipe in place of a can of diced tomatoes, a can of tomato sauce, a couple cloves of garlic, and some Italian seasoning. This ready-made option also allows you to cut down on the simmering time since the pasta sauce has been simmered already. If you want to change out the ingredients, you’ll need to simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Do you like your soup thicker or thinner. This version of stuffed pepper soup is thick and hearty with 3 cups of cooked rice. If you want the soup thinner, only add 2 cups of rice. You can also use white or brown rice, whichever you prefer.
- This soup has no prep time! I save myself a step by grabbing a bag of pre-cut bell peppers and onions in the Walmart freezer section and add it into the soup pot as is. Which means fewer dishes to do too. Who doesn’t love that?
- If you want to get a little fancy with your soup presentation, you can top with some shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese and some chopped parsley.
- Want to keep it low carb? Leave out the rice! This soup will be delicious, but you’ll get around 3 to 4 servings instead.
No matter if you are keeping it simple in the kitchen or aiming for a more homemade approach, Stuffed Pepper Soup will always be a crowd pleaser. One of my favorite things about soup is how easy it is to portion out as leftovers, or throw in the freezer to have on hand for when you are short on time. It feels great whenever I can cook a meal that my family loves and that I can feel good about serving, but if I can manage to save some time along the way to enjoy those moments with my family then I call that a win.
Love easy 30-minute or less meals? These are some of my favorites!
- Southwest Quinoa Soup
- Garlic Butter Pork Chops
- Classic 30 Minute Chili Recipe
- Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- More dinner recipes…
- 1 pound ground beef (85/15 blend)
- 24 ounces Chunky Tomato, Garlic & Onion Pasta Sauce (1 jar)
- 20 ounces Frozen Pepper & Onion Blend (1 package)
- 32 ounces Imagine Foods Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Broth (1 carton)
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice (white or brown)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Place a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and use a spoon to break up the meat. Cook until no longer pink while breaking into small pieces, about 5 minutes.
- Add frozen pepper & onion blend. Stir together and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in 1 jar pasta sauce and 2 cups vegetable broth. Stir everything together. Bring to a boil. Reduce to medium-low temp and cover pot. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- While soup is cooking, bring 2 cups water and 1 cup vegetable broth to a boil in a medium-sized pot. Add uncooked rice. Cover and reduce to low temp. Simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked. Remove from heat.
- Add rice to soup and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (I usually add 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and go from there.)
- Portion into bowls and garnish with chopped parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
- If you prefer to use brown rice, you absolutely can. You'll need 3 cups cooked rice total for this recipe.
- With 3 cups of rice, this soup comes out hearty and thick. If you want a thinner soup, add 2 cups cooked rice (2 cups liquid + 1 cup uncooked rice) instead.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!