Southwest Quinoa Soup is a hearty, fulfilling soup that makes a meal and easy to prepare with great flavor! Grab a bowl and spoon!
It’s getting to be a bit nip around these parts and if same is true for you, I’ve got a soup that will warm those bones that you’ll want to keep in your rotation this year. Hearty soups make the best meals and this one is is packed with chicken, quinoa and kicked up a notch with a bit of jalapeno. The best part is you will be able to get this on the table in about 35 minutes which makes it a perfect weeknight soup.
- 2 tablespoons diced shallot
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 28 oz. fire roasted tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 oz. canned corn drained
- 15 oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- Juice of one lime
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa well rinsed
- 16 oz. boneless chicken cooked and shredded
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place boneless chicken on a rimmed cookie sheet and bake until done (about 20 minutes)
- Meanwhile in a large pot heat the oil over medium high heat then add the shallots and jalapenos and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, chili powder, cumin, salt, lime juice, quinoa, corn and black beans.
- Bring to boil, turn lower and simmer for 20 minutes
- When chicken is done, shred and place in soup for an additional 5 minutes.
- (an easy way to shred chicken is to place in your mixer with a paddle attachment and place on medium speed - you may also dice chicken if you prefer)
Don’t these flavors look amazing? If you wanted to jazz it up a bit, add some diced avocados, fresh cilantro or crushed tortilla chips. Whatever you decide to do, this will be a huge hit!
If you are looking for other hearty soups, may I suggest:
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!