These PIZZA GRILLED CHEESE bites are the perfect lip-smacking finger foods adults and kids alike will love!
Friends, do you love comfort food? I mean who doesn’t like to indulge in all things warm and cheesy even if it just every once in a while. Well, these pizza grilled cheese bites are so simple and so delicious. They are perfect as appetizers or make a great lunch for a cold afternoon. These delicious cheesy bites are prepared in a similar fashion as the classic grilled cheese just taken up a few notches.
Instead of sandwich bread I like to use french bread. It crusts up perfectly and is a bit thicker so it doesn’t get soggy. Top the french bread slices with a little marinara sauce.
Top the slices of french bread with a mixture of delicious cheese and pepperoni slices.
Finally, toast them up as you would a normal grilled cheese sandwich. I have also used a Panini press and they turn out great!
I like to serve these with some extra marinara sauce for dipping. Kids will love these too, all the flavors of pizza in a convenient sandwich form.
- 8 French Bread Slices
- 3 Tbsp. butter softened
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce additional needed for dipping
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pepperoni diced
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Spread butter on both sides of french bread slices. Place butter side down on a silpat covered baking sheet. Spread sauce on all french bread slices.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and place on french bread slices.
- Place french bread slices on top of each other to create 4 sandwiches. Gently pat 1 tsp of parmesan cheese on each side of the sandwich.
- Place on a pre-heated frying pan on medium to high heat for 5 minutes on each side or until edges are crispy.
- Transfer bake to baking sheet and continue to bake in a preheated 400 degree oven until all cheese is melted. Serve with additional marinara sauce.
Leave a Reply