These PIZZA GRILLED CHEESE bites are the perfect lip-smacking finger foods adults and kids alike will love!
Friends, do you love comfort food? I mean who doesn’t like to indulge in all things warm and cheesy even if it just every once in a while. Well, these pizza grilled cheese bites are so simple and so delicious. They are perfect as appetizers or make a great lunch for a cold afternoon. These delicious cheesy bites are prepared in a similar fashion as the classic grilled cheese just taken up a few notches.
Instead of a sandwich bread I like to use french bread. It crusts up perfectly and is a bit thicker so it doesn’t get soggy. Top the french bread slices with a little marinara sauce.
Real Housemoms TV
Top the slices of french bread with a mixture of delicious cheese and pepperoni slices.
Finally, toast them up as you would a normal grilled cheese sandwich. I have also used a Panini press and they turn out great!
I like to serve these with some extra marinara sauce for dipping. Kids will love these too, all the flavors of pizza in a convenient sandwich form.
- 8 French Bread Slices
- 3 Tbsp. butter softened
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce additional needed for dipping
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pepperoni diced
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Spread butter on both sides of french bread slices. Place butter side down on a silpat covered baking sheet. Spread sauce on all french bread slices. Mix remaining ingredients together and place on french bread slices. Place french bread slices on top of each other to create 4 sandwiches. Gently pat 1 tsp of parmesan cheese on each side of the sandwich. Place on a pre-heated frying pan on medium to high heat for 5 minutes on each side or until edges are crispy. Transfer bake to baking sheet and continue to bake in a preheated 400 degree oven until all cheese is melted. Serve with additional marinara sauce.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!