Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup is the ultimate EASY comfort food! Creamy, cheesy, and loaded with broccoli, this soup is a hug in a bowl!
Now that the weather is FINALLY getting cooler, it’s time for comfort food!! The easier the better, and it doesn’t get much easier than this Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup! Creamy, dreamy, comforting, and delicious. Throw the ingredients in, forget about them, and enjoy one of the best crock pot recipes around. It’s that simple!
CREAMY SKILLET PESTO CHICKEN
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pinboard!
Follower Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I was never a big vegetable eater growing up. I tried broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, zucchini, but carrots were the only thing I enjoyed. Until I learned about how magical cheese can make veggies. My world turned and I fell in love with broccoli and cheese together. I would order broccoli cheese soup stuffed baked potatoes at the local deli and canned broccoli cheese soup got me through many a cold night in college.
Now I’ve moved past the canned stuff and treat myself, and my family, to crock pot broccoli cheese soup whenever the weather starts to cool down. It’s SO much better than canned soup. I love knowing I’m getting my kids to eat their veggies without even thinking about it. Not fighting, just clean bowls! I love serving toasted slices of baguette with this soup, but it’s great all but itself too. This broccoli cheese soup recipe is the best way to warm up and comfort yourself after a long day.
Want more broccoli recipes?
- One Pan Chicken and Broccoli Rice
- Broccoli Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
- Broccoli Tots
- Broccoli Salad
- Simple Broccoli Casserole Recipe
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
Slow Cooker: I love this crock pot! The lid is very secure and I can pack it up and take it on the go if I’m heading to a potluck. This slow cooker is a workhorse in my kitchen and has worked great for years!
Ladle: If you’re a soup lover, you need this ladle in your life!
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cups diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons diced garlic
- 6 Tbsp flour (I used whole wheat)
- 2 (12 oz) cans evaporated milk
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 5 cups diced broccoli
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 14 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 oz shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sour cream, more cheese, and cilantro for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add celery and onion and stir until translucent and soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and flour, whisking to combine. Continue to whisk as you pour in the evaporated milk and whisk until fully combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the sauce until thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour sauce into slow cooker and add chicken broth and broccoli. Stir to combine. Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Turn off heat and stir in cream. Stir in all the cheese (in batches) stirring to melt and combine.
- Serve hot garnished with sour cream, cilantro, and more cheese if desired.
Don't miss a bite!
Want to receive our recipes and custom meal plans right to your inbox? Make sure to subscribe & get a copy of Dinner Made Easy - 10 simple dinner ideas that only need one pot or pan!