I didn’t try scones for a while because they always looked kind of dry. They reminded me more of a biscuit. I was so wrong. Scones are one of my favorite breakfasts. They’re so easy to make, and so moist and delicious, plus, everyone is always way more impressed by a scone than a biscuit. When I was trying to think of a breakfast to make for my sweethearts this year I thought Strawberries & Cream Scones would be perfect!
These scones are full of strawberry flavor and have a little white chocolate mixed in, then topped with an icing made of cream. White chocolate tastes like cream to me so I thought they were the perfect way to bake that flavor into the scones. I think they are best just out of the oven but I gave one to my husband when he got home a few hours later and he said they were a hit!! They are so great and a must make for your sweethearts for Valentine’s Day breakfast.
- 2 1/4 c flour
- 3 tbsp and 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp butter frozen and cubed
- 1 c strawberry Greek yogurt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 c fresh strawberries chopped
- 1/4 c white chocolate morsels
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1/4 c heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- in a food processor combine flour, 3 T of sugar, baking powder and salt
- add in the frozen cubed butter and pulse until coarse meal is formed
- pulse in the strawberry Greek yogurt and egg yolk
- add in the fresh strawberries and white chocolate and pulse until just combined (be sure not to puree them)
- lightly flour the counter
- turn out the sticky dough and form into a ball
- sprinkle flour on top of the dough and form a round disk about 1 inch thick
- dip a large sharp knife in flour and cut into eight pieces like a pizza
- using a spatula carefully transfer each triangle to a parchment lined baking sheet
- using a pastry brush paint on heavy cream to the tops and sides
- sprinkle with remaining sugar
- bake for 12-16 min until the bottoms are golden
- remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 min on the pan then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling down
- combine powdered sugar, cream and vanilla until smooth
- drizzle over scones and allow to set
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!