CRANBERRY CINNAMON SNACK MIX is an easy party bite perfect for the holidays!
Homemade snack mixes are one of my favorite holiday treats. My mom has always made traditional Chex Mix for Christmas and all of us kids devour it as soon as she takes it out of her hiding spot. There is just something about homemade snack mixes that is far better than the store-bought stuff in a bag. Maybe it’s all the butter… 🙂
Don’t get me wrong, I want my mom to keep making the old school Chex Mix for EVERY.SINGLE.HOLIDAY, but I love playing around with different flavors to mix things up now and again.
I was browsing through the grocery store to find the perfect ingredients for a sweetened up snack mix. To get started I saw they make Cinnamon Chex which was perfect! Clearly I don’t have children or eat cereal myself, because the cereal isle is quite foreign to me. I had no clue that there were cinnamon, chocolate, peanut butter, etc. Chex. Things have come a long way since I was a child!
The Snyder’s Salted Caramel Pretzel Pieces were another exciting find and are very important to this particular snack mix. They add a big hit of sweet and salty flavor you wouldn’t normally get from regular pretzels.
To make the snack mix, it is as simple as tossing all of the ingredients in a roasting pan, giving it a good toss so everything is coated and bake it for 15-20 minutes. You don’t need to be a great cook or even a mediocre cook to pull off this delicious treat. This recipe is a great addition to your healthy snacks recipes list over sweets like cookies and ice cream.
I brought a big bowl of this to a family gathering and it started to disappear in no time. I had family members asking me for the recipe that day, so be assured, this is definitely a crowd-pleaser!
- 12 oz. box Cinnamon Chex
- 14.5 oz. Cinnamon Oatmeal Squares
- 10 oz. bag dried cranberries
- 9.75 oz. mixed nuts
- 1 bag Snyder's Salted Caramel Pretzel Pieces
- 3/4 c. butter melted
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 c. white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 300°.
- In a large roasting pan, add the Chex, Oatmeal Squares, cranberries, nuts and pretzels
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, honey, cinnamon and salt. Give it a quick stir and our it over the cereal mixture in the roasted pan.
- Using a large spatula, fold the mixture together until all of the cereal is well coated with butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Spread the snack mix over wax paper and allow to cool. Mix in the chocolate chips and store in an airtight container.
More treats perfect for the holidays!
Leave a Reply