This Peanut Butter White Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is ultra soft and completely delicious!
Peanut butter and banana. There is no better combination. Well, there was no better combination. Until white chocolate came to party and was like “Yo, what up? Imma make this good thing better”. And it did.
This was probably the most addicting banana bread I have ever had. Like, I could not stop eating it and I could not be trusted around it. Every day I would bring just one piece to work with me and that would last until about 9am. So, an hour.
For me, a ton of peanut butter in the middle just wasn’t enough so I added some extra on top. It can get a little clumpy if you do that, so it really depends what you want. It will brown and stick together creating pockets of peanut butter, which i was obsessed with, but they are not as creamy, so the choice is really for you, my peanut butter loving friend.
- 2 cups gluten-free baking blend or white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup reduced fat buttermilk
- 3 extra ripe medium bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter melted
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x5" loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together baking blend, cornstarch, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside. In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat together mashed bananas, applesauce, sugars and vanilla until well combined. Add half the dry ingredients, followed by buttermilk, then remaining dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Fold in white chocolate chips
- Pour half the batter into prepared loaf pan. Pour 1 cup melted peanut butter on top in an even layer. Top with remaining batter. Add a drizzle of extra melted peanut butter if desired.
- Bake until golden and set, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean, about an hour. Cool completely. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!