Guacamole Deviled Eggs are an easy appetizer recipe! Avocado replaces the mayo so they’re a lightened up alternative to classic deviled eggs!
Guacamole Deviled Eggs are the easy appetizer recipe I didn’t know I was missing! Like every other person in America, January has me trying to make up for my past sins in December. All that sugar and cheese, and cheese and sugar, it was good while it lasted but now it’s back to reality and the gym. We’re big football fans in this house and love watching the games with a snack or two (or 5)!
I started to brainstorm some yummy snacks for us and started with what we both love. I can’t live with out guacamole. It’s a must for me when I’m watching the game, my favorite is Garden Fresh Guacamole. On it’s own it’s not bad but I will dip chip after chip in the amazing stuff and that’s where I run into trouble! My husbands go-to, favorite appetizer is deviled eggs! He loves them all, especially Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs! So I sort of did a mash up of these two and Guacamole Deviled Eggs were born!
They’re so simple to make and would be the perfect party appetizer! You can do so much ahead of time! We left out the mayo that’s traditionally in a deviled egg because we had the avocado in there. It tasted just like my favorite dip and I didn’t need the chips because of the little egg cup. They’re great for portion control too! The guacamole is all dished out into each little egg so I don’t have to worry about mindlessly eating the entire bowl of guac! I will be making these for a Super Bowl appetizer and then again probably for both St. Patrick’s Day and Easter!!! I’m in love, I’m in love, I’m in love!!!
- 12 eggs
- 2 avocados peeled and chopped
- 1 plum tomato diced, plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp red onion diced
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped, plus more for garnish
- juice of half a lime
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder. be sure it's garlic powder, not garlic salt
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno diced (optional)
- place 12 eggs into a saucepan and cover with water
- cover saucepan and place over high heat
- bring water to a boil, then turn off heat and set timer for 15 min
- remove lid and pour out hot water
- run eggs under cool water until able to handle
- peel eggs and cut in half
- put yolks into a medium sized mixing bowl
- add the avocado and mash until yolk and avocado are fairly smooth
- stir in remaining ingredients
- fill the eggs with the avocado mixture and garnish with cilantro and tomato
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!