With Spring here (maybe in the calender more so than outside) and Easter approaching I’m thinking a lot about appetizers. You HAVE to have appetizers with egg in them at Easter, right? We love getting the kids to decorate hard boiled eggs but they don’t like EATING hard boiled eggs. So we turn them into deviled eggs for the adults. I love deviled eggs and they go fast, especially these Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs, but we have A LOT of kids this year because my entire family is getting together from all across the country to celebrate my little brother’s wedding that weekend. I’m so excited but wanted to come up with more that can be made with the eggs!
This ham and egg salad is perfect! It makes a lot, so it’s great for large parties and tastes amazing. It can be made so fast too. I would say that you could even make it the day before too. I would just fill the cucumber cups the day off. The ham and egg salad on it’s own would make great tea sandwiches too! You can do so much with it that it’s a no brainer for Spring celebrations!
- 3 cups cubed cooked ham
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp spicy mustard
- 1/2 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/2 cup green onion chopped (both green and white parts)
- Pepper to taste
- 2 large hot house cucumbers sliced into 1 inch pieces
- place the ham in a food processor and process until shredded
- put ham in a large bowl
- place in eggs in food processor and chop
- place eggs in bowl with the ham
- put the remaining ingredients in the bowl keeping some of the greens of the onions to garnish
- mix all the ingredients together
- scoop out some of the center of the cucumber slices making sure to leave the bottom of the cucumber slices, creating a cup
- fill the cucumber cups with the ham and egg salad and top with the greens of the onions
Christine from Cook the Story says
What a great recipe for a light lunch. Love your little cucumber cups!