This spicy Sriracha Cream Pasta with Kielbasa is total comfort food and is ready in under 30 minutes!
I’ve been makin’ this pasta for a couple of months now and it’s always a hit. I’ve been known to make it just for me for lunch while the kids are at school and then dig into a big hearty bowl of this comforting pasta. The spicy sriracha with the fresh zucchini, kielbasa, and pasta is absolutely amazing! In fact, it’s more than amazing….it’s perfect!
- 1 box penne 12-16 oz, cooked
- 2 medium zucchini ends removed and sliced into half inch thick rings
- 1 Kielbasa sliced into bite sized pieces
- 5 tbls olive oil divided
- 4 tbls AP flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp minced garlic ~ 2 cloves
- ¼ cup sriracha sauce
- salt & pepper
- green onions opt
- While pasta cooks, in a large, oven-safe, skillet, heat 1 tbls olive oil. Add zucchini slices to hot oil and let gently brown and cook slightly. Only a minute or two per side. Remove from pan and set aside. Add sliced kielbasa to pan and brown on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining 4 tbls oil to pan with flour and stir together over medium high heat. Cook flour mixture for 1-2 minutes, stirring often. Add minced garlic and ½ tsp salt.
- Lower heat to low and slowly pour in milk while constantly stirring. Keep stirring and work out any lumps that may have formed. Once lumps are gone, turn heat up to medium high and bring to a slow boil. Sauce will begin to thicken and keep stirring for 30 seconds-1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in sriracha sauce. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Stir in cooked zucchini, kielbasa, and pasta.
- Add chopped green onions as a garnish.