LEMON ASPARAGUS PASTA is the perfect side dish or meatless meal for a little bit of sunshine in your day!
Recipes like this one are my absolute favorite. This Lemon Asparagus Pasta is ridiculously easy to make and bursting with flavor! Can you boil pasta? Can you bake asparagus? Can you mix a few ingredients? If you answered yes, then you can make this awesome side dish. Or, this pasta makes a great lunch or dinner. I used an egg pasta, swap that with regular pasta and you have a delicious vegan meal!
The sauce is a simple blend of lemon, olive oil, dijon mustard, and dill. This goes perfectly with the roasted asparagus. I enjoy this pasta best at room temperature making it great for Spring and Summer gatherings.
And the flavors are not timid. You are not going to be searching for the lemon flavor . . . it is front and center! Lemon is one of my favorite ingredients. My blog is full of lemony this and lemony that. It is amazing in savory and sweet recipes. I hate when I am eating something “lemony” and there is barely a hint of tanginess. I want lemon, people. Super bright, tangy, lip-puckering L-E-M-O-N.
So ditch the boring old pasta salads and give this Lemon Asparagus Pasta a try.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line large baking sheet with foil and coat foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Toss asparagus with olive oil, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Then transfer to your prepared baking sheet and arrange in an even layer. Roast for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- While the asparagus is in the oven, boil pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain pasta, return to pot, and reduce heat to medium.
- Add cooked asparagus and sauce to pasta and stir together. Cook over medium heat 1 minute while stirring until sauce is warmed through. Serve immediately.
More Pasta Perfect Recipes…