LEMON ASPARAGUS PASTA is the perfect side dish or meatless meal for a little bit of sunshine in your day!
Recipes like this one are my absolute favorite. This Lemon Asparagus Pasta is ridiculously easy to make and bursting with flavor! Can you boil pasta? Can you bake asparagus? Can you mix a few ingredients? If you answered yes, then you can make this awesome side dish. Or, this pasta makes a great lunch or dinner. I used an egg pasta, swap that with regular pasta and you have a delicious vegan meal!
The sauce is a simple blend of lemon, olive oil, dijon mustard, and dill. This goes perfectly with the roasted asparagus. I enjoy this pasta best at room temperature making it great for Spring and Summer gatherings.
And the flavors are not timid. You are not going to be searching for the lemon flavor . . . it is front and center! Lemon is one of my favorite ingredients. My blog is full of lemony this and lemony that. It is amazing in savory and sweet recipes. I hate when I am eating something “lemony” and there is barely a hint of tanginess. I want lemon, people. Super bright, tangy, lip-puckering L-E-M-O-N.
So ditch the boring old pasta salads and give this Lemon Asparagus Pasta a try.
- 8 ounces Asparagus - bottoms trimmed then cut into bite sized pieces
- Olive Oil
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Stone Ground Dijon Mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon Dried Dill
- Pinch Salt/Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 12 ounces Pasta - cooked according to package instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Line large baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick. Toss asparagus with olive oil, salt, and pepper, transfer to baking sheet and arrange in an even layer. Roast for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Boil pasta according to package instructions. Drain and return to pot. Add asparagus and sauce. Cook over medium heat for 1 minute while stirring.
- Serve hot, cold or at room temp.
More Pasta Perfect Recipes. . .