A surefire hit with everyone! Creamy Chicken Bacon Ziti is finished with a touch of fresh basil for a quick and easy dinner!
Bacon + chicken + pasta + creamy parmesan sauce. Pretty hard to go wrong with that combination, right?
Add that it only takes 20 minutes to get on the table.
Add that this will please even the pickiest of eaters.
And that just ticks ALL my boxes. What about for you?? 🙂
CREAMY CHICKEN BACON ZITI
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
I must confess that creamy pasta is not an everyday meal in my household. Heavy cream was not a pantry staple when I was growing up. It was a rare treat to get a creamy pasta for a meal.
My mother did a great job brainwashing me, because even today, the cream still doesn’t make it into my shopping basket every week. I only get it if there’s a specific purpose for which I need it.
This Creamy Chicken Bacon Ziti is an example of such a specific purpose!!
I know this looks rich, but actually, it’s not crazy rich because the sauce is made with a combination of cream, broth, and parmesan which not only adds flavor but also thickens the sauce. This goes great with a Chicken Caesar Salad to complete the meal and get some extra protein into everyone’s tummies.
One little tip – please use freshly grated parmesan!! Store bought parmesan does not always melt well and you’ll end up with grainy bits in the sauce, plus the sauce won’t thicken as much as it should.
Want more chicken pasta recipes?
- Cajun Chicken Pasta in Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo Sauce
- One Pan Chicken Stroganoff
- Chicken Parmesan Baked Ziti
- Spinach Parmesan Pasta with Chicken
- Chicken Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Shells
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Creamy Chicken Bacon Ziti recipe
Large Pot: This pot is a kitchen essential for everything from dinner to desserts. I use mine all the time and with proper care, it’ll last for years and years.
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
Wooden Spoon: Wooden spoons are a kitchen essential. I keep a bunch of them on hand for every meal from breakfast to dinner.
- Finely sliced basil
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add ziti and cook for the length of time per the packet MINUS 1 minute. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add bacon and cook until almost golden. Remove some bacon and set aside for garnish (optional).
- Add chicken and cook until it partly turns white, then sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder. Cook until the chicken all turns white.
- Add cream, broth, and parmesan. Bring to a simmer, then add ziti. Stir on the stove for 2 minutes until the sauce reduces and thickens, coating the pasta.
- Serve immediately, garnished with basil, parmesan and reserved bacon.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!