Crock Pot Lemon Italian Chicken is a delicious slow cooker recipe! Let your crock pot do the work for an easy weeknight meal that your family will love!
This crock pot chicken is a great recipe for your busy weeknight dinner. The chicken, sauce, and capers create such a flavorful dish that it’ll be hard to believe that your slow cooker did all the work. We love to serve up this Crock Pot Lemon Italian Chicken with Capers with a caesar salad and garlic bread. The sides are just as easy as the main course!
CROCK POT LEMON ITALIAN CHICKEN WITH CAPERS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your MAIN DISHES pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
It is such a great time of year to cook dinner in the crock pot. It has been super hot in Arizona lately, which makes it especially nice to keep the oven off. Lemon Italian Chicken with Capers is delicious and easy to make. It will save you time, energy, and electricity.
The combination of lemon and chicken flavors, with the added capers, is really yummy! Your family doesn’t even need to know just how easy it was to make this lemon chicken recipe!
Ingredients Needed for Crock Pot Lemon Italian Chicken
- Chicken breasts
- Italian dressing mix
- Lemon juice
- Chicken broth
- Minced garlic
You can find Italian dressing mix and capers in your local grocery store’s condiment aisle. Be sure to drain the capers before using. Capers are packed in a salty brining liquid, and draining them will keep their flavor from being overshadowed by too much salt.
How to Make Easy CrockPot Lemon Italian Chicken
- Start with your trusted crock pot. Cut your butter into slices and lay them in the bottom of your the pot. Lay the chicken breasts over the butter, and then sprinkle the chicken with the dry Italian dressing. Pour the lemon juice and chicken broth over the chicken, and then add the minced garlic.
- Cover and cook the chicken in your crockpot. Then add the capers toward the end of the cooking time. Prepare your favorite type of pasta according to its package directions and drain. Serve the Lemon Italian Chicken over your the pasta and enjoy!
How Long to Crockpot Chicken Recipe
The great thing about crock pot cooking is that you can adjust it to fit your schedule. You can cook this Lemon Italian Chicken on your crock pot’s HIGH setting for 4-5 hours, or on LOW for 6-8 hours.
How to Serve Lemon Italian Chicken with Capers
This lemon chicken dish is great served over a bed of whole-grain pasta, but you can use whatever pasta is in your pantry. You could also serve it with Roasted Asparagus or Mushroom and Sage Rice Pilaf instead of pasta.
Can I put frozen chicken in the crock pot?
You sure can! Frozen chicken will take about 6 hours on LOW to cook through. Raw chicken will take about 3 hours on LOW to cook. Just be sure your chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
More of my favorite easy chicken recipes!
- 25 Easy Crock Pot Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Piccata
- Cheesy Crock Pot Chicken and Rice
- Crock Pot Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Crock Pot Honey Sriracha Chicken
- More MAIN DISH recipes…
Tools used to make Crock Pot Lemon Italian Chicken with Capers
Crock Pot: This crock pot is so versatile. The latch strap for the lid makes it great for picking up and taking to potlucks.
Chef’s Knife: You don’t have to have fancy knives to make great meals. This chef’s knife is a staple for every home cook. Its durable blade allows for slicing through thick meats and effortlessly chopping vegetables.
*This post originally posted on 10/16/2012.
- Slice the butter into 8 pats and spread them out on the bottom of the crock pot. Place each chicken breast on two pats of butter.
- Sprinkle the Italian dressing mix over the chicken. Pour the lemon juice and chicken broth over the chicken. Add the garlic to your crock pot.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or on LOW 6-8 hours.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions until al dente when the chicken in about 15 minutes from being done. Drain the pasta.
- Add capers to the chicken after cooking has finished.
- Plate the pasta and top with chicken, sauce, and capers from the crock pot. Serve immediately.