Stuffed Peppers are a timeless family favorite. They are a filling one-dish meal that comes together in less than 30 minutes and can be made ahead of time!
The fact that Stuffed Bell Peppers recipes are typically a one-dish meal using colorful bell peppers hallowed out and stuffed with ground beef, rice and seasoning mixture, topped with cheese and ready in under 30 minutes, makes it so they are sure to be a new family favorite! Add this stuffed bell pepper recipe to the ongoing list of favorites in the category of easy dinner ideas!
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Stuffed Bell Peppers are part of my All-American recipe repertoire. You know, the ones that date back until… Who knows when. Dishes like meatloaf, stroganoff and chicken cutlets. Above all, these are the dishes have passed the test of time and remain just as relevant today as they did back then. Meanwhile, stuffed peppers have undergone many fun and exciting variations.
I consider this the most classic stuffed green peppers recipes, although, you are not limited to just using the green ones, so feel free to put your own spin on them. Most importantly the best thing about this recipe is that you basically can’t hurt it or mess it up.
How to make Stuff Peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet brown the beef (or whichever protein you prefer)
- In the same skillet add some butter, garlic and onion saute until soft.
- In a bowl combine the meat and sauteed mixture and cooked rice.
- Cut the tops off of your favorite color peppers and fill with mixture
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until peppers start to soften, remove from oven and top with cheese and place back in oven just till cheese is melted.
Add the odds and ends of vegetables that are leftover in the fridge. Top them with your favorite cheese or fresh herbs. Heck, even toss more cheese into the ground beef mixture! Like them spicy? Add jalapenos or cayenne pepper.
Serve with a side of marinara sauce or even salsa to sneak in more veggies and flavor.
Check out some other favorite comfort food favorites…
- One Pan Chicken Stroganoff
- Easy Baked Tortellini and Meatballs
- Creamy Tomato Bisque
- Grilled Pork Chops with Peach Salsa
- Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Stuffed Peppers recipe
Slotted Spoon: Wooden spoons are a kitchen essential. I keep a bunch of them on hand for every meal from breakfast to dinner.
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
Medium Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup rice cooked
- 2 tablespoons onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 bell peppers
- ¼ cup white cheddar cheese shredded
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain well, set aside.
- In the same skillet, add butter, onion, and garlic, sauté until soft, approximately 2-3 minutes. Remove using a slotted spoon.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine drained ground beef, cooked rice, onion and garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and ground black pepper. Toss to combine.
- Cut the tops of each bell pepper, removing all seeds and membranes.
- Place in a baking or casserole dish. Fill with ground beef mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until peppers start to soften. Remove and top with shredded cheddar cheese, return to oven until cheese has melted.
- Remove, garnish with parsley, and serve.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!