I finally gave in and bought a donut pan. There was one on sale a little while ago at Target, so of course I had to add it to my shopping cart. I have been thinking about one for awhile and since my family likes to enjoy donuts every once in awhile on weekends, I figured I might as well make my own. I was debating what kind of donut I should first try out in the pan and Banana Donuts with Cream Cheese Frosting quickly came to mind. When my husband would travel for work, I would surprise him when he returned home with an incredible banana cake with cream cheese frosting, with a recipe I received from his mom. I have also made this cake as a dessert for a lot of people, and for several birthdays, and it has always been a huge hit. Since the cake was always enjoyed by everyone, I thought these donuts would result in some happy family members. My assumption was very true and we loved Banana Donuts with Cream Cheese Frosting that I discovered at Chocolate Covered Katie. They were perfect for my first donut pan attempt, and I especially liked this particular recipe since it substituted agave for the usual sugar. The cream cheese frosting complimented the banana flavor very well and gave the donut an extra amazing flavor! I know Banana Donuts with Cream Cheese Frosting will be requested for a weekend breakfast many more times. They are delicious and perfect for the whole family!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp more agave
- 2 cups tightly-packed mashed banana (measured after mashing)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Combine dry ingredients, and mix well
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients and mix into dry (Mix by hand, and don’t overmix.)
- Grease a doughnut pan and pour in batter
- Cook 27 minutes (the original recipe said 30-35 minutes, but 27 was perfect for me)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla with an electric mixer, until light and fluffy
- Gradually add a cup of powdered sugar and beat
- Continue adding a cup of powdered sugar at a time, until well combined
- Frost each banana donut
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Real Housemoms TV
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!