SWEET AND SRIRACHA PECANS are just the right combination of sweet and spicy! They make the perfect food gift or snack around the holidays!
Aaaahhhhhh! Christmas is almost here! We just had a mad dash last night to get the last minute shopping done online to avoid the stores as much as possible. We’re so close!!! My goal this year is to have all the wrapping done before Christmas Eve night. One year my friend was doing Christmas with us and my husband had to work that night. She stayed up almost all night wrapping presents with me. That’s how you know you’ve got a real friend. We were up till 5:30 in the morning and then the kids got us up at 6:30. YIKES!!! Lesson learned. My goal this year is to have the big bulk of the cooking and all the wrapping done by Christmas Eve so I can relax with the family. My mom and dad are spending Christmas with us and we’re all really excited. Yesterday my mom and I spent the day listening to Christmas music, drinking egg nog and wrapping presents. Of course we had to snack on cheese and nuts and these Sweet and Sriraccha Pecans are perfect for that.
Real Housemoms TV
They are so easy to make but everyone will be so impressed! I love the combination of the sweet and spicy. It sort of cuts down on the heat level. I made these back at Thanksgiving to snack on before dinner and they’ve kept really well! I was worried about how hard it was going to be to clean the pans but it was actually pretty easy. I soaked the pan and the silpats in warm water for just a few minutes and they cleaned right up! It is critical that you line the baking sheets with either parchment or the silpat. If not your nuts will be very stuck on. I wouldn’t use foil because I think that would come right up with the nuts. You could package these right up in a cut holiday bag or mason jar and give them as last minute gifts. Be careful though, you won’t want to stop snacking once you start!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper depending on your heat tolerance
- 4 cups pecan halves raw
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp water
- 2-3 tbsp sriracha
- preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat
- in a medium bowl whisk together the sugars, cayenne pepper and salt
- in a large bowl whisk the egg whites and water until frothy
- whisk in the sriracha sauce
- toss the pecans in the egg white froth until completely coated
- stir in the sugar mixture and cover
- pour onto the lined baking sheet and spread into an even layer
- bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes
- remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet
- break up and store in an air tight container.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!