I found this recipe on Pinterest and I loved it. I was looking for a Starbucks copy and this was not quite it but it was fantastic. This is not as sweet as the Starbucks scone but I actually liked that. I added a pumpkin spice icing to the top to add some sweetness and I think it was just the right amount. Add them to your fall recipe list and tell us what you think.
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine buttermilk, vanilla and pumpkin puree and mix until blended.
- Chop the cold butter into small slices and add to the dry ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients and butter until it looks like coarse crumbs.
- Pumpkin puree mix into the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Take the dough out and put in onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead the dough only a few times. Don't over work the dough because it will make it tough.
- Pat the dough into a circle about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Cut the circle into 8 pieces.
- Transfer the pieces onto a greased baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Icing!
- Combine cream cheese and butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 sec.
- Remove from microwave and mix together
- combine the rest of your ingredients and stir
- Drizzle over pumpkin scones and enjoy!
Inspired by: Will Cook for Smiles