Jalapeno Popper Burgers are topped with bold, spicy and creamy jalapeno cream cheese sauce and crispy bacon. This ultimate comfort burger is secretly healthier than you think, but it’s filled with indulgent flavor!
I don’t know about you, but I am ready to get back outside and get back to grilling! Okay, that’s a lie. I’m excited to send my husband outside and make him grill. Also, I live in Arizona, so we never really stop grilling, but if we did, I would be sad. There is no way to cook meat that compares.
Can we talk about jalapeno poppers? And how they are dangerously addicting?? They were one of my favorite snack foods in college. And even now that I try to eat pretty healthy, I am always trying to come up with new ways to incorporate jalapeno and bacon into recipes, like these hotdogs and this chicken that are two of my favorite things I’ve ever made.
This burger is so easy–just grill up your burgers while you make your sauce, and throw some bacon under the broiler until it’s crispy. Throw everything together, and you’ve got a to-die-for flavor combo that you will make over and over again!
For the burgers
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef I use 94-96%
- salt and pepper
For the Jalapeno Cream Cheese:
- ¼ cup reduced fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt nonfat or low-fat
- ½ jalapeno ribs and seeds removed (+ extra for topping)
- 1 clove garlic
- hamburger buns
- 4 slices cooked center cut bacon
- freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, season the ground beef with a generous pinch each of salt and pepper. Mix into the meat. Divide into 4 equal patties. Use your thumb to press slightly into the center of each patty to help with even cooking.
- To make the jalapeno cream cheese, place cream cheese, Greek yogurt, 1/2 jalapeno and garlic in food processor. Pulse until well combined.
- Grill burgers to desired doneness, then place on hamburger buns, top with jalapeno cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon.