Watermelon Salad is healthy and amazing for summer! The combination of flavors is absolutely incredible and delicious! Do you ever find yourself saying (pretty much every Sunday night) that you will start eating good on Monday? I say that way too often because we hang out with family and friends every weekend and eat a lot of yummy appetizers, side dishes, and chips and dips. I enjoy them at the time, but once Monday comes along, I crave a delicious salad. We always have watermelon at home and my kids love it! I usually buy the three pack of small seedless ones at Costco and we go through them quickly. I used one last week for this awesome Watermelon Salad that I found at Liv Life, and look forward to making it a lot this summer! I ate it for lunch, but it would also work as a side dish.
- 3 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- reduced fat feta to garnish
- Place watermelon, tomato, onion and basil in a large bowl
- Gently mix to combine
- Drizzle with oil and vinegar and season lightly with salt and pepper
- Adjust seasonings as desired
- Top with crumbled feta and serve
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Real Housemoms TV
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!