Grilled Corn is the perfect summer side dish and when you top it with Honey Chili Lime Butter it will become your new favorite summer treat.
Corn on the cob is a summer barbecue requirement. When I think of summer I think of grilled burgers and dogs, cool fruity drinks and corn. Growing up we always just boiled it on the stove. It wasn’t until I was older that I learned you could just put the entire cob straight on the grill. Why wasn’t I doing this all along! It’s so easy and you get a much better flavor too. When I was in my 20’s my brother and I had a an apartment together in California. There was a guy that would walk around the complex with a cart and I thought he was selling ice cream until he finally stopped in from of my apartment and I found out it was roasted corn with all kinds of deliciousness to top it with. Sooooo good!
I needed to make some at home and so I started playing with all the flavors that make me happy. I love the chili powder in this and the honey helps to tone down the heat. The lime zest makes them the epitome of summer. It’s such a great flavor combo that now I’m brainstorming on ways to make this a fun dessert. You totally have to make this at your next barbecue!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 tbsp honey
- zest of 1 lime
- 4 ears of corn, husks still on
- mix butter, salt, garlic powder, chili powder, and honey in a bowl
- place onto a piece of plastic wrap and carefully roll into a tube shape and refrigerate
- Heat grill to medium high heat
- place corn (still in the husks) onto the grill
- allow to cook with the lid down for 30 minutes
- remove from grill and let it cool to the touch
- remove the husks and melt the honey chili lime butter over the corn