This is The ULTIMATE Burger!!! A huge patty is topped with sharp cheddar cheese, roasted sweet potato, caramelized onions, bacon and avocado! Your friends will be begging you to have a BBQ every weekend once you’ve served this!
You really learn a lot about yourself and your relationships with you move to a new state. One thing I learned was that I’m a pack rat. I keep a lot. I’ve always sort of know that but there was no shrugging it off when the movers showed up to load our truck and said, “You’re gonna need a bigger truck.” Well, we got the bigger truck, that wasn’t enough. We got a 12 foot trailer to tow behind the biggest truck, that wasn’t enough. We got a big pack and ship moving crate, that wasn’t enough, but it was enough for my husband and so we left
a lot a few things behind. One thing that didn’t make the trip was our grill. I think the only reason my husband was OK leaving it behind was the fact that he could see himself shopping for a new grill. It has taken almost a year trying to get one. I’d start out saying look this one is cheap and he’d research and research and research and come back with another grill that we just had to have that was 10 times the price. this kept happening and happening and happening until just today! We both realized that Memorial Day was fast approaching and that means BARBECUES!!! There just has to be grilling on Memorial Day so we finally found some common ground and got a grill. To celebrate this great compromise I made The ULTIMATE Burger!
This really is the ULTIMATE! It starts with a big beef patty, then that’s topped with sharp cheddar cheese, roasted sweet potato, caramelized onions, bacon and finally avocado slices. My husband took one bite and told me I was on to something. We gobbled these up and I already can’t wait to make them again. Not only were the flavors so amazing together, but the colors of this burger were crazy beautiful. Yes, I did just call this burger beautiful. It’s OK. It’s still a manly mouthful with all that bacon and beef. This burger would be killer based on the toppings, but for it to truly be the ULTIMATE, I had to start at the beginning. Some shallow burgers are all toppings but this is one deep burger. It truly has some inner beauty. I started by adding shredded onion and carrot to the ground beef along with all it’s seasonings. This ensures that the patty is full of flavor and moist. It is truly beautiful on the inside and out!
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 large onion finely shredded
- 1 medium carrot finely shredded
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 large sweet onions sliced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- sharp cheddar cheese slices
- 2 avocados or more if you like a lot
- 8-16 slices of bacon thick cut cooked to crispy
- 8 Big Hamburger buns Buttered and toasted
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 425 degrees F
- place the sweet potato slices in a medium bowl
- toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- place the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet in an even layer
- cook for 10 minutes and flip
- cook for 10 more minutes or until tender
- melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat
- add in onion slices
- sprinkle with brown sugar and salt and stir
- cook for 5 minutes until the are soft and begin to darken
- lower heat to low to medium and allow to continue to cook for 10 more minutes until thick and soft
- in a large bowl combine the ground meat, onion, carrot, salt, pepper and garlic powder (making sure to not over mix the meat
- for into 8 patties, making a depression in the center of each
- cook on the grill over medium high heat 3-4 minutes on each side until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F
- add the cheese just before removing the patties and allow to melt
the ULTIMATE burger
- toast the bun and place the burger on
- add the sweet potato slices, caramelized onion, bacon and avocado slices, then top with the top bun
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!