This Fruity Croissant Puff with Vanilla Bean Glaze is the most amazing breakfast or brunch because you actually make it up the night before!
FRUITY CROISSANT PUFF WITH VANILLA BEAN GLAZE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your BREAKFAST pin board
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest!
I don’t know about you, but I’ve always been a huge breakfast food fan. Although, I don’t generally like to actually cook breakfast in the mornings. That sounds weird, right? Mornings for me are basically a trudge to the kitchen where I tiredly heat up some water for my hot Chai tea, and I’m not all that functional until about 30 minutes after that when the caffeine kicks in. Definitely not when I want to be hanging out with sharp knives and hot stove tops!
That’s why I LOVE breakfasts like this Fruity Croissant Puff… not only do they look fantastic, but they are actually made up the night before and sit overnight in the refrigerator. Then all you have to do in the morning is preheat the oven and bake it. Breakfast is done!!
For this croissant puff, I chose a colorful and flavorful mix of blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries, but feel free to choose whichever berries you love the most!
I think this fruity croissant puff tastes a bit like a deconstructed cream cheese Danish, with the bright fresh flavor of the berries mixed in. Then comes the glaze. Ohhhh this glaze!
I have to tell you all, this glaze was so hard to resist as I was taking these pictures. There were several instances where I was sneaking my fork into the pan in the background and taking bites mid-shoot. I couldn’t’ help myself!
This fruity croissant puff would be perfect for a weekend breakfast or brunch with family, or even for a special occasion! I hope you give it a try soon!
- 4 large croissants sliced into 1" cubes
- 1 1/2 cups mixed berries I used raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup milk I used whole milk, but 2% would also work
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
Vanilla Bean Glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp heavy cream you can substitute half-and-half or milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Grease an 8x8" baking dish, fill with sliced croissants and mixed berries. Set aside.
- Add cream cheese to mixing bowl and beat with hand mixer until smooth. Add milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla and lemon zest and beat until combined.
- Pour mixture over croissants and berries.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove baking dish from refrigerator and let sit on the counter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake, covered with aluminum foil, for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake uncovered for 15 minutes, until golden and when a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- While casserole is baking, add powdered sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla bean paste to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine until smooth and pourable.
- Drizzle glaze over croissant puff after it's finished baking. Serve warm.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!