Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers are the perfect appetizer for game day! Jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese filling, more cheese and wrapped in bacon!!
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers are always the first appetizer to go at any party! They work for any diet! They’re gluten-free, low carb and keto-friendly, but most of all they’re delicious!
WOW! If you need an appetizer for Labor Day, game day or any occasion, make these bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers. They are incredible and have the perfect combination of flavors! The crispy bacon complements the melted cheeses so every delicious bite keeps you coming back for “just one more”.
Real Housemoms TV
The combination of jalapeno and bacon makes these poppers are my absolute favorite appetizer when I’m not craving Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs! When I found the recipe online, I had to try them immediately. I have made them many times for family and friends and have received requests to make them for every event. Savor every bite because they go fast!
BACON WRAPPED JALAPENO POPPERS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
What is A Jalapeno Popper?
A jalapeno popper is a fun little party appetizer that really never disappoints. There are a few different ways they can be made, but every recipe includes hollowing out a jalapeno and stuffing it with a mixture of cheese and spices.
Some recipes call for them to be coated in bread crumbs and deep-fried, or you can wrap them in meat and bake them. No matter how they’re prepared, you’ll love them!
Ingredients Used To Make Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Fresh jalapeno peppers
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
You could substitute jack cheese for the cheddar cheese if you’d like. I like the cheddar because it has a bolder flavor against the bacon and pepper. You could also flavor your cream cheese filling before stuffing your pepper halves with garlic powder and salt and pepper but I really think that in this case simple is best and don’t use the cream cheese mixture! There are a lot of big flavors in these guys so I don’t think it needs it!
How To Cook Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Then spray a broiler pan or cover a sheet pan with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top with non-stick cooking spray and set it aside for later.
- Start by prepping the jalapenos using a chef’s knife to cut off the stems and cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise. Then, use a spoon to scrape out all the seeds and the white-ish membrane inside the pepper. I scrape these into a small bowl so they don’t go flying around my kitchen for my dogs or kids to get. You can discard the seeds once you’re done.
- Next, use a spoon to fill each pepper with about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese. The cream cheese will stick out over the top edge of the pepper. Just do your best to keep it in the cavity. Then you’re going to sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cheddar cheese, for each pepper, on top of the cream cheese.
- After that, take 1/2 slice of bacon and wrap it around a pepper, starting the bacon on the cheese side of the popper. The strip should end on the cheese side too. Be sure to wrap the bacon at an angle so that it doesn’t overlap and you get bacon in every bite. Continue wrapping bacon around the peppers until they’re all done.
- Place the peppers on the baking sheet and bake the poppers for 15 minutes to 20 minutes. You’ll know they’re done when the bacon is fully cooked. You want your bacon crisp.
- Use pot holders to take the baking sheet out of the oven. Let the pepper cool to the touch on the baking sheet. Then you can transfer them to a serving platter are serve warm right away or let them cool down to room temperature before serving.
Are These Jalapeño Poppers Spicy?
Since this recipe uses a jalapeno, they do have a bit of spice to them, but as long as you thoroughly remove all of the seeds they’ll not be eye-watering, mouth on fire spicy by any means. The cream cheese really helps level out a lot of the spice, as well as the process of cooking them, but if you’re still worried, you can also, give each jalapeno a quick wash under cold water to remove more of the spice.
If you are very sensitive to any spice I recommend staying away from this particular appetizer, and try one of the other great appetizer recipes listed below, there are some really great, non-spicy options! While there is some spice even my dad was able to eat a few and he can NOT handle spice.
Tips For Making A Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Recipe
- Try to buy jalapenos that are on the larger size. The smaller ones will be harder to stuff, and you won’t be able to fit as much into one. They’re also a lot easier to work with the bigger they are.
- If you use thicker cut bacon be sure to add a few extra minutes to the cooking time as the thicker bacon will not cook as fast as regular sliced bacon. Now that I’ve made them a million times I do prefer thick-cut bacon!
- If you want to do some prep in advance, you can assemble the uncooked bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers a day in advance. You can place them on a covered baking sheet in the refrigerator. That way all you have to do is pop them in the oven just before your friends arrive!
What Can I Do With Leftover Jalapeno Poppers?
I’m going to make a good guess that if you bring these bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers to any kind of gathering, you won’t be leaving with any leftovers. If that somehow happens, here’s what you can do with the leftovers.
You will need to store them in the refrigerator, in an airtight container, zip-top bag, or wrap them in foil. Since cream cheese is used in the recipe, you will want to eat any leftovers sooner rather than later, to be sure everything is still fresh. I suggest only storing this jalapeno popper recipe for 2-3 days.
The leftovers reheat well and can easily be microwaved the next day, or reheated in the oven on broil covered in foil for just a few minutes.
What to serve with bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers
- Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
- Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings
- Loaded Potato Skins
- 7 Layer Dip
- More APPETIZER recipes…
Tools used to make this Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper recipe
Cutting Board: A good-sized cutting board is a must for home cooks. This board is thick & sturdy and makes recipe prep a breeze.
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right-size bowl for all my mixing needs.
Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must-have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
*This post originally posted on 08/28/2012.
- 16 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 slices bacon cut in half (creating 32 shorter strips)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray broiler pan or sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Remove stems from peppers and cut in half lengthwise. Remove seeds from peppers by scraping them out with a spoon.
- Fill each pepper with about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese. Then sprinkle 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese on top of each pepper.
- Wrap a 1/2 slice of bacon around each pepper half. Place peppers on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked and crisped up.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and transfer peppers to a serving platter. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!