Bacon? Jalapeno poppers? Alcohol? Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Bloody Mary is a brunch lover’s dream come true! Mornings were made for sipping this drink!
If you told high-school me that I would grow up to LOVE tomato juice I would’ve told you that you were out of your mind. (Actually, high-school me probably would’ve said something like “AS IF” in my best Clueless valley-girl voice, but I digress…) Fast forward to today when I could drink tomato juice every day – but only if it was mixed into this delicious Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Bloody Mary. This very well may be the BEST bloody mary recipe I have ever concocted. Are you a brunch lover like me, but more of a champagne cocktail kinda person? This Strawberry Lime Moscato Mimosa is totally for you!
BACON WRAPPED JALAPENO POPPER BLOODY MARY
Like this recipe? Pin it to your COCKTAILS pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
It seems like bloody marys are ALL. THE. RAGE. these days. Every restaurant that hosts a weekend boozy brunch has its own unique twist on a bloody mary bar – gigantic shrimp, hot sauces that are spicy beyond belief, the options can often be so overwhelming that you end up with a very strange cocktail that is more toppings than the actual drink. The outcome rarely lives up to the hype. That is why our friends got together recently to create our OWN bloody mary themed brunch!
Everyone was in charge of bringing one brunch food item to share and one unique topping or garnish for the bar. We had bleu cheese stuffed olives, bacon slices, hot sauces galore, and of course celery stalks, but the favorite for everyone was the bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers. By simply adding one strip of bacon and a wrapped jalapeno popper to the top of your mixed drink, you’ve got the PERFECT brunch cocktail!
Our friends were all so obsessed with the bloody mary bar that we almost forgot about all the amazing casseroles and pastries we had waiting for us (don’t worry…they DEFINITELY got eaten!).
Bloody Mary Ingredients
- Bloody Mary mix
- Bacon flavored vodka
- Jalapeno flavored vodka
- Cooked bacon strips
- Bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers
- Spanish olives
- Lime wedges
- Lemon wedges
- Dill pickle spear
- Celery sticks
How to Make a Bloody Mary
- Grab your favorite pitcher (my favorite is linked below!), stir together the bloody mary mix, plain vodka, and jalapeno vodka.
- Now you’ll need to shake out some Old Bay seasoning onto a small plate. Spead it out into an even layer wider than the diameter of your glasses. (You can see what I mean in the picture below.)
- After that, dip the rim of a tall glass into lime juice (or run a lime wedge around the rim to get it wet) and then dip it into the Old Bay seasoning.
- Carefully fill your highball glasses with ice, you don’t want to know off the seasoning. Then, grab your pitcher and pour those cocktails!
- Pop a slice of bacon in the glass, skewer a jalapeno popper, and stick it right on top! You’ve got yourself the best bloody mary drink around!
You definitely won’t want to be individually mixing these delicious bloody mary’s… you’d spend your whole brunch party in the kitchen because everyone will be begging for refills constantly – they’re that good. So, instead of playing short order bartender, mix up a big batch of these so you can enjoy your party too! It’s as simple as pour, mix, garnish, and drink!
If you’re not into Old Bay, you can still take your cocktails to the NEXT level with a delicious salt and pepper rim instead! If you’re feeling REALLY ambitious, you can make your own bloody mary mix with this other Real Housemoms favorite bloody mary recipe!
Need more fun drink recipes to share with friends? Check out these other Real Housemoms favorites!
- Champagne Cocktail
- Strawberry & Lime Moscato Wine Slushie
- Cranberry Ginger Fizz Cocktail
- Strawberry Tequila Sunrise
- Margarita Mules
- More DRINK recipes…
Tools used to make Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Bloody Mary
Glass Pitcher: this is my go-to pitcher for any kind of fun drink – works for lemonade for the kids or bloody marys for the adults!
Highball Glasses: every home needs a great set of cocktail glasses. These are my favorites for serving bacon wrapped jalapeno popper bloody mary’s, plenty of room for the drink and a great rim to rest the jalapeno popper on!
*This post originally posted on 01/03/2014
- In a pitcher, mix together bloody mary mix and both vodkas.
- Dip rim of highball glass into lime juice and then into Old Bay seasoning. Fill with ice, being careful not to knock off the seasoning.
- Pour bloody marys into prepared glasses.
- Garnish with a slice of bacon and a skewered bacon wrapped jalapeno popper. Serve immediately.