Need a new summer cocktail? This delicious Strawberry Tequila Sunrise is an amazing drink perfect for brunch with friends, happy hour, and parties too
If you love a good brunch drink, you’re definitely in the right place. Yes, mimosas are good, but they do get a little boring after a while. Bloody Mary’s are nice after about one, and by the time you finish it, along with all the food it comes with (celery, olives, bacon, cheese – you name it!), you’re not hungry for actual brunch. A great brunch cocktail needs a lightness to it, but with a bit of a kick. That’s exactly how I would describe this fabulous Strawberry Tequila Sunrise!
STRAWBERRY TEQUILA SUNRISE
Love it? Pin it to your DRINK board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- Mixing up this fantastic tequila sunrise recipe requires a few simple ingredients and some delicious, fresh fruit. You’ll start by adding cold orange juice and tequila to a champagne glass.
- Recipe notes: 1) Make sure your orange juice is very cold. Luke warm juice does NOT make a good cocktail. 2) Choose a good tequila. You don’t have to spend a ton of money to get a good quality liqueur. If you need help, ask your liquor store attendant to point you in the right direction.
- Next, pour a half-ounce (half shot glass) of Grenadine and a half-ounce of strawberry puree into a shot glass. This will create a beautiful red concoction that you will then pour into the orange juice mixture.
- To create the strawberry puree, simply add a few fresh, ripe strawberries to a blender, and puree for a few seconds to nearly liquid form.
There you have it – an amazing brunch cocktail that’s light and fruity with a bit of a kick! The strawberry puree adds a great flavor and freshness to the drink and goes wonderfully with the orange juice.
Not only does this tequila sunrise recipe make a great brunch drink, it’s also a great cocktail for happy hour with friends, or mixing and serving for Cinco de Mayo. Any time of day, and any occasion this libation is fabulous!
Want more brunch cocktails?
- Strawberry Lime Moscato Punch
- Champagne Lemonade
- Cranberry Pineapple Punch
- Blackberry Lemon Gin & Tonic
- Strawberry Lemonade Sangria
- More brunch recipes…
Tools used in this Strawberry Tequila Sunrise
Champagne Glass: Classic champagne flutes are perfect for all kinds of cocktails and a must have for your celebrations.
Shot Glass: Make your cocktail fabulous every time with these measurement shot glasses. Each glass has ounces and teaspoon measurements printed on them so you know you’re pouring the right amount for each drink.
Blender: I love this blender! I use it to make everything from smoothies to soups. It can handle anything I throw at it and the puree comes out smooth.
Food Processor: Slice, chop, and grate anything you need with this food processor. I’ve had this model for years and use it all the time. It’s a great workhorse in my kitchen and I’d recommend it to anyone!
Grenadine: Add a little flavor to your cocktail or drink with this sweet cherry flavored syrup.
- 2/3 c. orange juice very cold
- 1 1/4 oz. 1 shot good quality tequila
- 1/2 oz. grenadine
- 1/2 oz. strawberry puree about 2 large strawberries
- orange slices
- fresh strawberries
- In a champagne glass (or medium rocks glass) add the cold orange juice and tequila.
- To a shot glass add the grenadine and strawberry puree. Pour the content of the shot glass into the orange juice and tequila.
- Garnish with orange slices and strawberries if desired. Enjoy right away.
If you loved this cocktail, be sure to check out some of Erin’s other strawberry cocktail recipes, like these: