Cold and refreshing, this Strawberry & Lime Moscato Wine Slushie is a summertime sipper’s dream! Sweet strawberries are blended with fresh tart lime juice and a healthy dose of Moscato for a fantastic summer cocktail!
There’s not an event menu that these wine slushies would not fit on! Whether you’re enjoying a day by the pool with your girls, hosting a summer wedding shower, or hosting the neighbors for a backyard barbecue, all the grown-ups will scramble for a glass of this Strawberry & Lime Moscato Wine Slushie recipe. It’s a frozen twist on my favorite Moscato Punch that’s fruity, refreshing, and oh my gosh, just so insanely good!
STRAWBERRY & LIME MOSCATO WINE SLUSHIE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DRINK pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Hello friends! I’m Erica from The Crumby Kitchen, and I’m so excited to be a new part of the Real Housemoms team! I’ve loved Aubrey’s stuff since before my own blogging career began in 2014. I can’t tell you how honored I am to be here sharing some deliciousness with you every month. We’re going to kick off with a very summer-appropriate cocktail that’s my new obsession – this Strawberry & Lime Moscato Wine Slushie recipe!
These wine slushies are very specifically titled, and for good reason. It took me years to warm up to the world of wine, and while I’m more of a Merlot girl now, Moscato & sangrias are where my love began. It’s an easy wine to enjoy on its own since it’s very often sweet and fruity.
What is Moscato wine
- Moscato is a white wine from Italy that’s made from the Muscat grape with flavors of citrus, pear, peach, and orange blossom. It’s sweet, easy to drink, and low in alcohol.
Sweet and fruity: two things essential to this recipe.
You could definitely consider this a gateway drink if you’re looking to learn to love wine.
Since you’re starting out with a candy-like wine, a natural pairing is obviously the diamond of all fruits – the strawberry. Blending up a few cups of frozen berries with Moscato wine or even pink Moscato is a great idea all on its own, and you’re more than welcome to do so if that’s your thing!
We like to keep it interesting when it comes to drinks in our house, though. The versatility of lime plays a big part in our kitchen, as well as in this cocktail! On my first go round with this recipe, I actually used twice the amount of lime juice that I listed. It sounded right, and I kinda liked it, but even my lime-loving Spanish husband admitted it was a bit much. Of course, I used some concentrated key lime juice when I ran out of limes, so that may have had something to do with it!
Hot tip: Stick with Persian lime juice, and squeeze it fresh if possible. It’s much less mouth-puckering!
Of course, if you’re a lime lover, go crazy with it! The acidity balances the sweet wine & berries really nicely. If you go a little overboard like I did, just add a bit more simple syrup until you get a perfectly blended sip.
How to make wine slushies in a blender
- Combine frozen strawberries, lime juice & zest, Moscato wine, simple syrup, and ice in a blender.
- Blend until well combined, adding more ice, Moscato, or simple syrup until your desired consistency and sweetness is reached.
- Divide the slushie between 4 glasses and garnish with sliced strawberries & lime wedges. Then see who can finish theirs without getting brain-freeze!
Want more sweet and fruity Moscato cocktails?
- Moscato Sangria
- Moscato Pink Lemonade
- Raspberry Peach Wine Slushie
- Moscato Punch
- Raspberry Mint Moscato Lemonade
- More drink recipes…
Tools used to make this Strawberry & Lime Moscato Wine Slushie recipe
Blender: I love this blender! I use it to make everything from smoothies to soups. It can handle anything I throw at it and the puree comes out smooth.
Stemless Wine Glasses: I love these stemless wine glasses. They’re great for all kind of cocktails, not just wine!
- 4 cups strawberries frozen
- 2 cups Moscato wine
- 2 cups ice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 ounces simple syrup
- 1 lime zested
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Pulse until combined, adding more ice or Moscato until your desired consistency is reached. Add more simple syrup if it needs a bit more sweetness.
- Divide the slushie into 4 glass. Garnish with lime wheels and a fresh strawberries as desired.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!