Whether you grill ’em, boil ’em, or fry ’em, hot dogs are a family-friendly meal that is a staple in American homes. These 25 Over The Top Hot Dog Recipes will take your love of hot dogs to a whole new level!
Hot dog recipes are one of those must-make summer meals at our house. Sure we have hot dogs year-round, one of our favorites it topped with Wendy’s chili recipe – it’s so good for a hot dog chili recipe, but something about the summertime just says, “Let’s make hot dogs!” Usually we grill them and top the dogs with ketchup and mustard, but sometimes we have a go big or go home night and that’s where the 25 Over the Top Hot Dog Recipes come in. Each one is crazy good and sure to make you a hot dog lover all over again!
25 OVER THE TOP HOT DOG RECIPES,
Like these recipes? Pin them to your DINNER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
These family-friendly hot dog dishes are always a hit with kids young and old!
- Homemade Corn Dogs – My kids love corn dogs and this homemade recipe is sooo good!
- Oven Baked Chili Cheese Dogs – Tasty chili and melty cheese, what’s not to love?!
- Jalapeno Popper Hot Dogs – I love cream cheese, cheddar, and jalapeno on pretty much anything!
- Pizza Dogs – Two family favorites come together for one delicious bite!
- Foil-Wrapped Camping Hot Dogs – Great for backyard fire pits or camping in the mountains!
Add some extra oomph to your dog with these meaty recipes that’ll satisfy the carnivore in you!
- BBQ Bacon & Crispy Onion Hot Dogs – All my favorite summer BBQ favorites on a hot dog. Yum!
- Taco Chili Dogs – These meaty dogs are crazy good and so simple to make!
- BBQ Pulled Pork Hot Dogs – Who needs a regular old pulled pork sandwich when there’s this hot dog?!
- Peanut Butter Bacon Hot Dog – Don’t know it ’til you’ve tried it. This dog is surprisingly good!
- The Southern Bird Dog – Not exactly a hot dog, but no one will care after the first bite!
Hot dogs don’t get more gourmet than this! I love the layers of flavors in all of these recipes!
- Bahn Mi Slaw Hot Dogs – Big flavor and so simple!
- Hot Dog Recipe with Green Chile and Mole Recipe – Mexican food lovers will swoon for this dog!
- French Onion Hot Dogs – Everyone I make these hot dogs for loves them!
- Hawaiian Hot Dogs with Grilled Pineapple and Teriyaki Mayo – Fresh, delicious, and OMG so good!
- Loaded Buffalo Hot Dogs – Spice things up with these crazy tasty hot dogs!
Who says hot dogs have to be in a bun? These recipes take hot dogs to a whole new level!
- Apricot Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket – One of my favorite party appetizers!
- Slow Cooker Chili Cheese Dog Dip – Eat this with chips, put it on a burger (oh yeah!), or over some mac and cheese!
- Hawaiian Hot Dog Kebabs – Hot dogs get fancy with this fun kabobs recipe!
- Chili Dog Tater Tot Casserole – Next level dinner right here people!
- Slow Cooker Cocktail Sausages – Grab a toothpick and dig in!!
The only better than a great hot dog is a delicious side dish to go alongside it, and these are some of our favorites! I even like to put some right on top of my hot dog!
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Cole Slaw – Dare I saw even better than the original?! Try it on your dogs!
- Hawaiian Macaroni Salad – Creamy and tangy, love this with and on my hot dogs!
- Julie’s Potato Salad – A simple summer classic that’s a hot dog’s best friend!
- Bacon Corn Relish – Hot dogs and bacon are always a good idea together!
- Chilled Apple Slaw – Fresh pops of apple are a great counter balance to your favorite hot dog!
OUR FAVORITE TOOLS TO MAKE THESE Hot Dog RECIPES
- Table Top Grill
- Weber Grill
- Fire Pit
- Metal Skewers
- Wood Skewers
- Mixing Bowls
- Deli Baskets
- Baking Dish
If you enjoyed these recipes you may also enjoy our collection of
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!