A childhood favorite gets a sweet & spicy makeover perfect for the adults in these APRICOT SRIRACHA PIGS IN A BLANKET!
Who else loved pigs in a blanket as a kid? I remember squirting out an equal dollop of ketchup and mustard side by side on a plate, and then dipping in each flaky crescent wrapped hot dog making sure to get the perfect ratio of ketchup to mustard with each bite. At almost 40 years old (I am cringing just a tad even typing that), I still love a good pig in a blanket. It is one of those childhood favorites that you just never outgrow, but that’s not saying that we can’t give them a sweet & spicy makeover that even the most discerning of adults can enjoy too. 😉
By adding just two simple ingredients- a little apricot preserves and a tad of spicy sriracha sauce, this childhood classic is magically transformed into a party-ready appetizer for the grown-ups. Okay, well maybe there really isn’t any magic involved. However, some may argue that sriracha sauce is pretty damn magical in and of itself. 😉
Whether you are hosting a cocktail party, a little back deck get-together, or a backyard barbecue, these Apricot Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket are a fun and delicious way to start off your shindig.
- 8 ounce tube of crescent rolls
- 6 hot dogs cut into thirds
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce can use more or less depending on your heat preference
- Crushed red pepper flakes for garnishing (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Lay down a separate sheet of parchment paper on your counter. Roll out and take apart each triangle of dough from the crescent roll tube and place on the parchment paper. There should be 8 total. Cut each triangle of dough in half lengthwise.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the apricot preserves and sriracha sauce until well blended. Using about 1 tsp of the mixture per triangle half, spread the apricot/sriracha mixture over each dough triangle. Reserve any of the mixture that is left for a dipping sauce. Wrap each triangle around each hot dog piece leaving a little space at the edges. (Note: You will have 2 hot dog pieces left over. My 4 year old was happy to dispose of those for me. 😉 ) For a little extra kick of heat, sprinkle the tops of each with some red pepper flakes.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12-14 minutes.
- Serve immediately with the leftover apricot sriracha sauce for dipping.
If you liked this sweet & spicy recipe, you might also like my…