Deliciously tender Lamb Meatballs are the perfect protein to build any light and a flavorful Mediterranean meal around!
Tender and lean Lamb Meatballs are seasoned with cumin, garlic powder, and paprika and can be on the table in less than 30 minutes! The flavorful meatballs are baked in the oven to deliver the tastiest and healthiest meatball you’ve ever tried!
A MEDITERRANEAN STAPLE
These simple and delicious Lamb Meatballs are a great starting point to a plethora of delicious Mediterranean and Greek recipes! They go perfect in pitas and gyros and are an amazing protein to star in a fresh and flavorful dinner lineup.
If you don’t have lamb on hand then you can always fall back on delicious Spicy Chicken Meatballs and Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs.
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH LAMB MEATBALLS
- Rice Pilaf – This fluffy rice pilaf recipe makes a great side dish for these Mediterranean inspired meatballs.
- Cucumber Yogurt Dill Salad – This crispy and cool salad is a perfect side dish to turn this entree into a meal.
Lamb: You will need 1 pound of ground lamb meat.
Mix-ins: These meatballs require 1/2 breadcrumbs and 1 large egg.
Seasoning: Add in 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and cumin and a 1/2 teaspoon of paprika and salt.
Garnish: Fresh parsley is a great garnish, though totally optional.
HOW TO MAKE LAMB MEATBALLS
STEP ONE: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set it aside. Combine the ground lamb, bread crumbs, and egg in a large bowl. Next, add the garlic powder, cumin, paprika, and salt and mix until everything is well combined.
STEP TWO: Use a cookie scoop to portion out of 18 equal-sized meatballs (about 1.5 tablespoons each). Use your hands to roll each meatball until it is round and place it on the lined baking sheet.
STEP THREE: Bake the meatballs in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Serve these delicious Lamb Meatballs warm with a side of Tzatziki Sauce!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Cook ground lamb to an internal temperature of 160 degrees for food safety. When reheating them aim for 165 degrees F.
- Try not to over-handle the meatball mixture as this can lead to dense meatballs.
CAN YOU FREEZE LAMB MEATBALLS?
Leftover meatballs will last in the fridge for up to 4 days. Freezing them is a great option if you need a little extra time! Place any meatballs you would like to freeze in an airtight container or freezer bag. It’s also important to remember that you should store any leftover meatballs within two hours of cooking them. Always discard any Lamb Meatballs that may have been left out for longer than two hours.
HOW TO REHEAT LAMB MEATBALLS
The best way to reheat Lamb Meatballs is in the oven. Whether they’re coming from the fridge or the freezer, place your meatballs on a tray or oven dish and cover them with foil. Bake them at 350 degrees F until they’re heated all the way through. As a rule, the meatballs are done when they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
OTHER MEDITERRANEAN INSPIRED FLAVORS
- Mediterranean Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
- Honey Mustard Chicken Kabobs
- Creamy Greek Shrimp Pasta
- Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
- Greek Corn Dip
- Feta Dip
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and then set it aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the lamb, bread crumbs, egg, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, and salt until well combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, portion out 18 equal-sized meatballs (about 1.5 tablespoons each). Use your hands to roll each scoop into a ball and then place them back onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until browned with an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. Serve warm.