Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs are an easy to make bite drenched in a deliciously creamy sauce. They’re a must have appetizer at your next party!
My family LOVES meatballs! Meatballs with Red Sauce, Spicy Chicken Meatballs, I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea. Basically, I make meatballs every which way and my Slow Cooker Swedish Meatball recipe has long been a favorite of my family and friends. It is requested at every gathering and has become a tradition for all of our holiday parties! I love how easy this recipe is to make and serving right from the slow cooker makes these meatballs easy to transport and easy to keep warm. Although, they disappear quickly, so keeping them warm is never an issue!
For best results, I make homemade meatballs, but if you have a favorite frozen meatball, that will work too. If you are going with a frozen meatball, just skip the meatball making portion of the recipe and move right on to adding the sauce ingredients to the slow cooker and then add the meatballs when directed in the recipe. You can cook them from frozen or thaw them out first. It really is easy to do. Grab some party picks and enjoy one of the best crock pot recipes this holiday season!
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 small pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 10 1/2 ounce can of condensed beef consomme
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 bay leaf
- Preheat the oven to 500°F. and line a baking sheet with heavy duty foil. Place an oven safe rack on top of the foil and set baking sheet aside until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 pound ground chuck, 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon milk, a small pinch of nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, & 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Mix to combine well. Shape into 1 inch meatballs and place on the rack that is on top of the foil lined baking sheet. Continue until all meat is formed into meatballs and placed on rack.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5-10 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through.
- While the meatballs are cooking, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a microwave safe dish and stir in 1 tablespoon flour until well blended and smooth.
- Pour the consomme into the bowl of the slow cooker and add the butter & flour mixture. Whisk to combine. Whisk in 1/2 cup heavy cream.
- When meatballs are cooked through, add them to the cream sauce in the slow cooker with 1 bay leaf. Cook on low for about 2 hours or until ready to serve. Stir and enjoy!
Check out my Meatball Sub Casserole for another tasty Meatball recipe…
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!