BACON BROCCOLI SLAW is a very simple recipe that tastes amazing! Smokey bacon combine with the crisp broccoli and tangy dressing to make a great side dish for any time of year!
I love broccoli salads and slaws! This Broccoli Salad has been a favorite of ours for years! So, the other night when I went to dinner with a friend I had to order the Bacon Broccoli Slaw. It was delicious! I knew that I had to make it at home for the rest of my family! I’m not sure why but broccoli salad always seems like a summer food to me. I know it doesn’t make much sense but that’s always how I think of it. When I had this Bacon Broccoli Slaw it felt more like a year round food. The smokey flavor of the bacon makes it seem like it fits during the winter! I know super weird but that’s how my brain works. 🙂
Bacon Broccoli Slaw couldn’t be any easier to make! For mine I even made my own mayonnaise! It turns out that’s actually super easy to do! Who knew! It’s not necessary for this recipe and I didn’t put that in the recipe card. Feel free to use any mayonnaise you have on hand. I used the slicer on my food processor to get this slices of broccoli because that’s how it came at the restaurant and I like the look of it. You can absolutely make it using the broccoli slaw you can get at the grocery store. Make your life as simple as you can, right!
Real Housemoms TV
- 1 head of broccoli sliced in food processor (if not use 4 cups broccoli slaw from store)
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup purple onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp pineapple juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- in a large salad bowl combine broccoli, bacon and onion
- in a small mixing bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar and pineapple juice
- season sauce with salt and pepper
- pour dressing over the broccoli mixture and toss