The holidays are busy enough, make entertaining easy with this elegant PUFF PASTRY BAKED BRIE WITH SPICY CRANBERRIES!
We are ALL about keeping it easy this holiday season. With a move, and another coming soon (fingers crossed) on top of traveling to New York for Christmas. simple is key this year ( at least that’s what I’m telling myself as I sit stressing overall we need to get done). But that doesn’t mean I want to skip on holiday entertaining. After decorating and shopping for the kids, it is what I look forward to most at this time of year.
With two birthdays, on top of Christmas and New Years, we spend most of December and January entertaining friends and family. I plan on serving this baked brie at pretty much all of the above. It is SO easy, just wrap a wheel of brie in puff pastry and bake, and it is incredibly versatile. Don’t like spicy, skip the pepper. Don’t like cranberry, try blueberry or mixed berries.
Plus, it is just so pretty. It only takes minutes to prepare, and your guests will think you spent all day in the kitchen. And it’s brie wrapped in buttery, flaky puff pastry, what is not to like?
Whatever the celebration, this baked brie is sure to be a hit.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry thawed
- 1 small wheel of brie
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Roll puff pastry into a circle at least twice the size of the brie. Place brie in center of the puff pastry. Fold pastry over the brie (pastry will overlap itself).
- Whisk egg with 2 tablespoons water and brush puff pastry with egg wash. Chill for at least 60 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, cornstarch, salt and jalapeno. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, stirring occasionally (about 15 minutes).
- While sauce is cooking, place brie on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Top baked brie with sauce, and serve immediately.