You can’t beat fresh vegetables from the garden or farmer’s market slightly grilled and served will dinner or a salad. These SUPER SIMPLE GRILLED SUMMER VEGGIES will be your go to summer side.
Three veggies I can’t get enough of in the summer are zucchini, yellow squash and asparagus. They are so good and in abundance in the summer. I love to make these Zucchini Fritters or the Yellow Squash Casserole but sometimes I just need something more simple. This year we didn’t get our garden planted. We had every intention but got caught up in all the projects around the new house and now we don’t have a garden. 🙁
Real Housemoms TV
When we do have a garden we usually have PLENTY of zucchini or squash. For years I have made these quick and simple grilled veggies. I make a lot of dinner on the grill and it just makes sense to make the side dish on the grill too. These are so easy to make but a summer staple in my house that I absolutely had to share them with you all.
- preheat the grill to a medium heat
- slice the zucchini and squash lengthwise into quarters
- snap or cut the tough ends off of the asparagus
- place the vegetables into a large mixing bowl
- drizzle the olive oil ans seasoning over the top and toss to coat
- lay in an even layer on the grill (be sure to use tongs and allow the excess oil to drip off before placing on the grill to avoid flare ups)
- allow to cook for about 5 minutes and then turn to cook for 3-5 more minutes or until veggies are slightly tender but still have some crispness.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!