I’m starting to get so excited about planting a garden this year!!! I loved my little garden back in Arizona. Yes, I had a vegetable garden in the middle of the dessert. I don’t know anything about gardening but I was able to make a little oasis! We had squash, tomatoes, strawberries, cucumber, jalapenos and egg plant. It was so great! Now I’m in Oregon and I should be able to grow something here, right?
We were at the hardware store the other day and my littlest monkey and I were checking out all the veggies and coming up with a game plan for our garden. We’re so excited. One thing I love to grow is zucchini. It’s usually so huge from the garden and there is so much you can do with it. Anyway, it got me thinking about all the delicious food to make and one thing led to another and I had to make something. I decided on these Zucchini Fritters.
Real Housemoms TV
They are so simple to make and taste amazing!!! When I made these my husband ate nearly the entire batch himself! If I were going to make them for a party I’d probably make at least a double batch the day before. Then, just heat them up in the oven before the party. I love when appetizers can be made ahead of time don’t you? I made this ranch with some of the herbs I had leftover after making the zucchini fritters and it was awesome!!! I think I’ll be making my own ranch dressing from now on.
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 tsp salt plus a pinch
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 c green onion chopped
- 1/4 c fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 c fresh dill chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- 3/4 c Parmesan grated
- 1/4 c flour
- 1/4 c olive oil
- shred zucchini and sprinkle with 2 tsp of salt then allow to sit in a strainer in the sink or over a bowl for 10 min
- squeeze all the liquid out of the zucchini
- place the zucchini in a bowl
- chop the garlic and sprinkle a tiny bit of salt on it, then continue to chop
- using a fork, mash the garlic into a paste
- add to bowl with zucchini along with green onion, parsley, dill, beaten egg, parmesan cheese, and flour
- mix well
- heat oil in large skillet over med high heat
- using large soup spoon drop about 3 tbsp of zucchini mixture into the hot oil and flatten with a spatula
- cook for 2-3 min or until golden brown then flip and cook the other side another 2-3 min also until gold brown
- remove and allow to cool slightly on a paper towl
- serve warm and enjoy!
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 c fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh chives
- 1/4 c fresh dill
- 1 c plain non fat yogurt
- 1/2 c mayo
- 2 to 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- chop garlic and sprinkle with salt
- chop garlic and salt more
- mash with a fork into a paste
- add to a medium mixing bowl
- combine with all other ingredients
- thin the dressing with the milk until you reach the consistency you like
- all to chill in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!