This Super Easy Parmesan Crusted Zucchini takes about 2 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to cook. It’s a brilliant super quick vegetable side!
This Super Easy Parmesan Crusted Zucchini is one of those fabulous base recipes that lends itself to all sorts of possibilities to dress it up even more! Just think – add a sprinkling of herbs and spices, some garlic, lemon zest or juice. Simply beautiful and delicious with all your family’s favorite meals, like a Sloppy Joe Recipe and Bacon Wrapped Chicken.
SUPER EASY PARMESAN CRUSTED ZUCCHINI
Love it? Pin it to your SIDE DISH board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
I feel almost embarrassed putting up a recipe as easy as this. It is barely a recipe. But you know what? The way I make this Parmesan Crusted Zucchini is probably the most used quick vegetable side dish in my arsenal.
With good reason.
It’s insanely quick, it’s all prepared on the tray – i.e. no tossing the vegetables in a separate bowl – and it’s super versatile. I use this same method for so many vegetables – like asparagus, beans, broccolini – basically any vegetable that is reasonably thin or can be cut into thin strips that cook in around 10 minutes under the broiler.
I’d say zucchini and asparagus are my two favorite ways with this recipe. I think that the broiling time to make the parmesan breadcrumb crust beautifully golden makes the asparagus and zucchini just perfectly crispy/tender. Green beans can be a touch softer than ideal and broccoli does tend to get some darker brown spots, simply because of its shape.
Want more zucchini recipes?
- Carrot Zucchini Salad
- Cheesy Zucchini Gratin
- Zucchini Fritters with Greek Yogurt Ranch
- Cheesy Zucchini Rice
- More side dish recipes…
Tool used to make this Super Easy Parmesan Crusted Zucchini recipe
Knives: A good set of kitchen knives is essential for any cook. This set is the best one I’ve owned so far and it comes with a knife block, steak knives, and an array of larger knives perfect for all your slicing, chopping, and cutting needs.
Cutting Board: A good-sized cutting board is a must for home cooks. This board is thick & sturdy and makes recipe prep a breeze.
Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
- 3 zucchinis
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler on high with the shelf around 10 inches from the heat source.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then each half into 3 pieces lengthwise (so each zucchini is cut into 6 pieces).
- Place zucchini on a tray, drizzle with 2 teaspoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss then line up on the tray so they are pressed up against each other.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs first, then parmesan. Drizzle with remaining olive oil then broil for 10 minutes or until golden on top and the zucchini is tender crisp i.e. just cooked.
- Serve immediately!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!