Baked Jalapeño Popper Chicken Sliders are an easy appetizer you can prep ahead of time and bake when ready for a bite that will make the crowd go wild!
Easy to make food is essential around our house during football season. Between having people over to our house and taking dishes to our friend’s potlucks to watch the game, I make a lot of appetizers and dips. While snacks are great, I kind of hate not having an actual meal-ish dish in the food spread so I can actually feel satisfied instead of grazing all day and wondering why I’m still hungry. And there’s no game day flavor combination I like better than jalapeno and bacon.
These sliders are a great way to feed the game day crowd without a lot of effort, and make sure everyone’s tummy is satisfied! Jalapeno poppers are one of our favorite flavor combinations. So I took all those flavors, threw them in a bowl, and ran with it! These sliders are crispy on the top from baking, slightly spicy, and creamy, warm, and cheesy on the inside. There’s even a little bacon mixed in for your favorite bacon freaks. Just like bacon freaks. Just like fall/game comfort food should be. Baked up a batch of these sliders and watch them disappear before your eyes!
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Best Appetizer Recipes pin board!
- 12 potato rolls or Hawaiian rolls
- 5 strips bacon
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups Monterrey jack cheese shredded
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 2 small jalapenos seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Leave rolls attached to each other and cut in half to create a top and bottom section. Place the bottom of the rolls onto a baking sheet. Set aside the tops for now.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Once cool enough to handle, finely chop the bacon.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and 1 cup of jack cheese. Add the bacon, chicken, and jalapeno. Mix until everything is evenly combined.
- Spread the chicken mixture over the roll bottoms in an even layer. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup jack cheese evenly over the chicken mixture. Place the roll tops onto the sliders.
- Put butter and garlic powder into a small bowl and melt in the microwave. Stir and then brush the garlic butter over the roll tops.
- Bake for 20 minutes until tops are golden and cheese is melted.
- Carefully remove from the oven. Use a knife or spatula to cut between the sliders. Serve warm.
Hungry for more?