Baked Jalapeño Popper Chicken Sliders are an easy appetizer you can prep ahead of time and bake when ready for a bite that will make the crowd go wild!
Easy to make food is essential around our house during football season. Between having people over to our house and taking dishes to our friend’s potlucks to watch the game, I make a lot of appetizers and dips. While snacks are great, I kind of hate not having an actual meal-ish dish in the food spread so I can actually feel satisfied instead of grazing all day and wondering why I’m still hungry. And there’s no game day flavor combination I like better than jalapeno and bacon.
These sliders are a great way to feed the game day crowd without a lot of effort, and make sure everyone’s tummy is satisfied! Jalapeno poppers are one of our favorite flavor combinations. So I took all those flavors, threw them in a bowl, and ran with it! These sliders are crispy on the top from baking, slightly spicy, and creamy, warm, and cheesy on the inside. There’s even a little bacon mixed in for your favorite bacon freaks. Just like bacon freaks. Just like fall/game comfort food should be. Baked up a batch of these sliders and watch them disappear before your eyes!
Real Housemoms TV
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Best Appetizer Recipes pin board!
- 12 potato rolls Hawaiian rolls would work too
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey jack cheese divided
- 5 strips bacon cooked crispy and chopped
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 large jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Remove rolls from package. Do not separate the rolls. Instead use a serrated knife to cut them in half horizontally so all the bottoms and top are separated. Place the bottoms of the rolls in a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and 1 cup jack cheese. Add the bacon, chicken, and jalapeno. Mix until ingredients are evenly combined.
- Spread the chicken mixture over the roll bottoms in an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup jack cheese evenly over the chicken mixture. Place the roll tops over the chicken and cheese.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter and sprinkle evenly with garlic powder.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the butter bakes into the rolls and the cheese is melty.
- Carefully remove from the oven. Use a spatula to cut between all the rolls, separating the sliders from each other. Serve warm.
Hungry for more?
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!