Made with a brown sugar rub, and grilled to perfection, these BBQ Pork Loin Sliders will be your new grilling fave! Simple to make and perfect for your next cookout or summertime get-together!
These BBQ Pork Loin Sliders are the perfect cookout recipe. A quick and easy grilling recipe, these mini sandwiches are fantastic for a weeknight meal, potluck or backyard cookout. Made with a delicious brown sugar rub, and topped with sweet and tangy barbecue sauce, these sliders super flavorful, tender, and completely delicious!
BBQ PORK LOIN SLIDERS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Growing up in South Dakota, pork was always a part of the summertime menu. Pork chops and pork loin were simple to grill and fantastic paired with corn on the cob, potato salad, and garden fresh tomatoes. Because my dad worked at the local grocery store, he would always come home with a fresh cut of meat to throw on the grill along with bakery rolls and barbecue sauce. Pork loin sandwiches became a mainstay at our house, which is how these BBQ pork tenderloin sliders came to be.
Pork is not only an economical cut of meat (which is probably why it was so popular at our house), but tenderloin and loin chops are fantastic for grilling. Additionally, because the lean nature of pork, it’s also a great healthy alternative. To give the pork a sweet and savory flavor I make a sugar and spice rub for grilling. The rub composed of brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. I also add a bit of olive oil to the rub (making it a wet rub) and coat the outside of the tenderloin. The brown sugar caramelizes creating a wonderful, spicy crust on the outer edges of the meat.
In addition to the sugar and spice rub, I like to coat the outside of the loin with a great barbecue sauce. The sauce adds wonderful flavor and zest to the meat. In addition to grilling with the sauce, I also reserve additional barbecue sauce for topping these slider sandwiches. Once the meat comes off the grill, slice into thin pieces and layer on to slider or dinner rolls for easy serving.
These mini sandwich are fantastic as appetizers and great for a simple weeknight dinner idea. My boys love these little sandwiches – I serve the meat, rolls, and sauce separately and have them build their own sliders. They stack ’em high with pork loin slices and top with spoonfuls of sauce. Tender, flavorful and completely delicious any way you have it! And if you happen to have some Crock Pot Pulled Pork leftover from earlier in the week, you could have a pork-tastic slider buffet and add pulled pork sliders on Hawaiian rolls alongside these bbq pork sliders.
Want more slider recipes?
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- Roast Beef and Horseradish Cheese Baked Sliders
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders
- Baked Jalapeno Popper Chicken Sliders
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this BBQ Pork Loin Sliders recipe
Grill: Fire up the grill and get cooking! This propane grill has 6 heat controlled areas so you can cook different foods at the right temp and become the grill master of your backyard!
Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
Basting Brush: I use this brush for everything from grilling to desserts. The silicone brush and metal handle make it perfect for any temperature and no bristles flake off into your food!
Knives: A good set of kitchen knives is essential for any cook. This set is the best one I’ve owned so far and it comes with a knife block, steak knives, and an array of larger knives perfect for all your slicing, chopping, and cutting needs.
Cutting Board: A good-sized cutting board is a must for home cooks. This board is thick & sturdy and makes recipe prep a breeze.
- 1 1/2 pound pork tenderloin
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- 12 dinner rolls (or slider buns)
- Using an outdoor grill (gas or charcoal), heat to medium-high heat. While grill is heating, mix together the rub by combining the sugar, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and oil. Stir until a paste. Pat dry the pork loin with paper towels. On a pan, cover the pork with the rub on all sides.
- Before placing the pork on the hot grill, add a little oil or non-stick grilling spray to the grill grates. Grill the pork loin, on each side for approximately 10 minutes, or until internal temp of the pork reaches 145 degrees. (FYI - this is a new recommendation for pork, versus the old recommendation of 160 degrees.) Slightly pink is okay. After turning the meat, brush on 1/2 cup of the barbecue sauce to each side of the tenderloin. (Be sure to reserve the remaining 1 cup of sauce for serving.) Remove from the grill, and let set on a cutting board for 5 minutes for the meat to rest.
- Thinly slice the pork loin. Place a few slices of pork on an individual roll, and serve with barbecue sauce. Enjoy right away while warm. Refrigerate any leftover pork separate from any bread or sauce in an airtight container.
If you loved these fantastic Barbecue Pork Loin Sliders, check out these other recipes
Fantastic barbecue sauce pairing with your pork loin
If your family loves sliders, try these fun Pepperoni Pizza Sliders:
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!