We are starting to have some really warm days in Arizona, with last weekend in the 80s and the last couple of days in the 70s. It has been perfect weather and I am soaking up as much time outside as possible. Before I know it, summer will be here and in Arizona, that means insanely hot temperatures. Right now, it is wonderful to play in the backyard with the kids, enjoy baseball practices, go on walks, and ride bikes with the kids, without the immediate urge to jump in the pool. I love this weather and it is a big perk of living in beautiful Arizona!
When it is warm, I crave salads! Awhile ago, I bookmarked a Black Bean Salad from Allrecipes.com on my computer and was saving it for this awesome weather. Yesterday was absolutely beautiful and it was time to give this salad a try. My parents were here and we really enjoyed this healthy, tangy, tasty, and filling Black Bean Salad. What a fabulous combination of flavors! The ingredients blended together perfectly for a wonderful meal and we really enjoyed the savory white wine vinegar. We ate the salad as a meal, but it would also make a great side dish. Black Bean Salad will definitely be a salad I eat often during these warm and hot months!
- 15 ounce can Jalapeno Black Beans with Lime Juice rinsed and drained
- 15 ouce can Reduced Sodium Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped (I used a handful of grape tomatoes, thinly sliced)
- 1 serrano chile pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 3-4 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup Pinot Grigio white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium serving bowl, mix together the black beans, tomatoes, chili pepper, bell pepper, green onion, vinegar, oil and salt
- Chill for 1 hour before serving