This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Oscar Mayer Bacon. All opinions are 100% mine.
BLT Pasta Salad is my favorite potluck side dish! Super easy to make and a delicious marriage of classic flavors you can’t beat!
Spring is in the air and that means barbecue season is right around the corner. My family traditionally has one of our favorite ham recipes for the main course at our family gatherings and then everyone brings different side dishes and desserts to serve alongside the ham. This year I’m bringing this BLT Pasta Salad recipe and Deviled Eggs. It’s super easy to make, and I can prep the ingredients ahead of time then mix right before serving. Prep ahead recipes are my favorite for the holidays.
BLT PASTA SALAD
Like this recipe? Pin it to your SIDE DISH pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
BLTs have been one of my go-to sandwiches choices as long as I can remember. You can’t really go wrong with bacon, lettuce & tomato on toast with a little mayo, especially when using Oscar Mayer Bacon! I buy the center cut Oscar Mayer bacon and it comes out crispy and delicious every time. I like center cut bacon because it’s usually a bit less fatty, but thick cut bacon is always delicious too. It’s all about your preference. Oscar Mayer has been my go-to brand for years, and with good reason. I mean really, is there anything bacon doesn’t make better?
The answer is no.
And Oscar Mayer bacon is the key to making your bacon recipes fabulous!
The other day when I was brainstorming a recipe for an upcoming potluck, a BLT jumped to the front of my list and this easy BLT pasta salad was born! While a BLT normally just has a little mayo on it, this pasta salad recipe uses my homemade ranch dressing. It’s the perfect compliment to the fresh tomatoes, lettuce, and crispy Oscar Mayer bacon. I sprinkle a few chives on top along with extra tomatoes & bacon. This dish is the be all and end all of bacon lettuce tomato pasta salad recipes!
Now, for this recipe, I chose cellentani pasta. I love its fun swirly shape and it holds up to the dressing, veggies, and Oscar Mayer bacon. But you can use any short pasta you like. Penne, medium shells, rotini, and even farfalle for a BLT bow tie pasta salad. I did a test run of this recipe and my boys all raved about it! I know this BLT pasta salad is going to be a big hit at our potluck and all summer long for our BBQs too!
Want more of our favorite bacon recipes?
- Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
- Cheesy Bacon & Jalapeno Hash Browns
- Crock Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
- Cheddar Bacon Chicken Tenders
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Fruit Salad Recipe
- More side dish recipes…
- 12 ounces cellentani pasta (or other short pasta)
- 9 strips Oscar Mayer Naturally Hardwood Smoked center cut bacon
- 1 cup homemade ranch dressing
- 4 Roma tomatoes seeds, removed & diced
- 2 cups romaine lettuce cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons chives chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. add pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water until cooled. Set aside.
- While the pasta cooks, cook bacon in unheated skillet on medium heat for 8 to 10 min., turning frequently. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Once cool enough to handle, rough chop the bacon.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the pasta and ranch dressing. Stir until pasta is coated.
- Add most of the tomatoes, lettuce, and most of the bacon to the pasta. Gently stir to combine and coat all the ingredients.
- Garnish the top of the pasta salad with reserved tomatoes, bacon, and chives. Serve immediately.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!